Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shocks and Springs no lift option?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010 | 11:46 AM
|
Mudding

Here I go talking to myself again...

I've been looking around for the best deal on the OME's and I came across a reputable site where I can get 4 OME Nitrocharger Schocks for a little over $314, which includes shipping...

My question though is that they only have the N107 and N108's available...I was trying to go with the "c" versions which are a little softer...the N107's and N108's are the heavier duty version...

Am I going to regret getting the heavier duty shock versions?

The springs I'm getting are the 777's and 781's.

Alright, I'm done talking to myself...

Old 02-27-2011 | 02:28 PM
|
Mudding

In case anyone is in the same boat as I was I finally took the plunge and replaced the shocks and springs with OME 777 and 781's springs with the softer "c" version OME shocks...

...it's given me about a 2" lift over stock (supposed to give about a 1.5" lift, but due to my stock slightly sagging springs it lifted it a little above that) and the ride is much improved...a little more jumpy over smaller road uneveness, but cornering is night and day and potholes and railroad tracks I just sail over now...unpaved roads are night and day as well...no more swaying...everything feels rock solid.

I kept my stock 255 55 18 Nitto Terra Grapplers with the lift, and the uneasiness that I had with not going with a larger tire at the same time has completely dissappated...I think it looks kickass now as compared to stock.

...yes, I didn't want to go higher, but now I'm glad I did...the couple of extra inches has improved visibility and I'll be more inclined to start going a little further off-road now.

I'll post a couple of pics later.

Old 03-02-2011 | 06:01 PM
4wd Low

Hey Noobie, I am ready to by a '04 SE with 110k on it and was thinking about the excact same set-up! Could you please tell me excactly what you bought and what you paid for it? How much work was it? I too would like a very small lift without much change in the handling. Very light off-roading, very slow two-tracking, etc. I would love to see some pics too!

Thanks, Mike

Old 03-02-2011 | 10:40 PM
Overlanding
Default 2 that

Originally Posted by groove508
Hey Noobie, I am ready to by a '04 SE with 110k on it and was thinking about the excact same set-up! Could you please tell me excactly what you bought and what you paid for it? How much work was it? I too would like a very small lift without much change in the handling. Very light off-roading, very slow two-tracking, etc. I would love to see some pics too!

Thanks, Mike
I would also like that info
thank you ernesto

Old 03-03-2011 | 09:31 AM
|
Mudding

I got the shocks for $314, the specific ones are listed in a previous post in this thread, from Atlantic British. They sell them for quite a bit more than that, but they price match if you can show them a better online price...can't quite remember exactly which site were selling them for $314 for 4 (and free shipping - AB will price match free shipping too), but google around and you'll find it.

The springs were OME777's in the front and OME 781's in the back from -

http://www.davesport.com/

...call them up and they'll cut you a deal on shipping over what's listed on their site...their spring prices are $76.78 a piece.

I had a buddy help me out on the install and it wasn't too hard...the backs are a piece of cake and the fronts aren't too hard either...there are a bunch of install videos around...the one from lucky8 sticks out in my mind the most.

One added side benefit of the lift that I wasn't expecting is that my freeway vibe is gone...I used to get a little bit of vibration around 72+mph, but now that's completely cleared up.

Some pics -

Attached Thumbnails Shocks and Springs no lift option?-imag0088.jpg   Shocks and Springs no lift option?-imag0089.jpg   Shocks and Springs no lift option?-imag0091.jpg   Shocks and Springs no lift option?-imag0092.jpg   Shocks and Springs no lift option?-imag0094.jpg  

Old 03-03-2011 | 09:50 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Disconoobie
I got the shocks for $314, the specific ones are listed in a previous post in this thread, from Atlantic British. They sell them for quite a bit more than that, but they price match if you can show them a better online price...can't quite remember exactly which site were selling them for $314 for 4 (and free shipping - AB will price match free shipping too), but google around and you'll find it.

The springs were OME777's in the front and OME 781's in the back from -

http://www.davesport.com/

...call them up and they'll cut you a deal on shipping over what's listed on their site...their spring prices are $76.78 a piece.

I had a buddy help me out on the install and it wasn't too hard...the backs are a piece of cake and the fronts aren't too hard either...there are a bunch of install videos around...the one from lucky8 sticks out in my mind the most.

One added side benefit of the lift that I wasn't expecting is that my freeway vibe is gone...I used to get a little bit of vibration around 72+mph, but now that's completely cleared up.

Some pics -
Looks nice man. As for the ride height was it an extreme difference? I am looking to replace suspension but want little no no ride height change as so far i have gone and done everything i have needed with how my truck sits.

Old 03-03-2011 | 10:37 AM
|
Mudding

I'd say it's definitely a 2" difference...I can't really feel it when driving around, eg. does not feel tippy...I'd say it feels less tippy now due to the firmer/newer springs and shocks.