Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I replace the Wiper Arm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I replace the Wiper Arm?

Yesterday I posted about replacing windshield wiper blades. To make a long story short, after removing the blades and inspecting, the looked be be in good shape. After I reinstalled theblades I saw the problem- when the wiper blade moves up from the well, all is good, but on the down swing, the arm on the drivers side literally pulls away from the Window, leaving the far right edge not even touching.

I removed the blade to see if possibily it was ill fit, but with out the blade, on the downswing, it still pulls away. The passenger side is not as bad, but the top edge does not appear to stay on window particularly well either.

I have never seen this on any vehicle! Anyone else? Should I replace the wiper arm? It does not seem like there is much to them. I am thinking maybe the spring is bad. That said, can you just replace the spring?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I replace the Wiper Arm?

Normally you should not neet to replace anything else than the blades. Which ones did you end up getting? I have experienced similar problem with some Bosch refils. They were just too stiff to lend themselves to follow the countoure of the windows at some points. As I mentioned, the Michelin refills work great. However, before you discard the ones you purchased, check the frame clamps that the blades sit in to make sure they have free movement, allowing them the necessary flex. They should be attached firmly with smallinserts only on one end. I install them on the top of the frame.