Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SIDE MIRRORS - POSITIONING

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIDE MIRRORS - POSITIONING

I had a simple question about side mirrors positioning-

it seems like there are two positions to put your side mirrors prior to "closing" them completely.

is it suppose to be fully extended? (when driving)

my mirror adjustments don't seem to "reach" my blind spots when i extend them out all the way.

is that normal or do i have to position the mirror in the middle position and then adjust my mirrors.

i hope someone understands what i'm asking.

thanks

Old 06-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SIDE MIRRORS - POSITIONING

I'm afraidI don't quite understand what your asking. The mirrors will probably never reach your blindspots for the obvious reason. - they're blindspots.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Three Wheeling

with your hand - you can manually close or open the side mirrors - it seems like there are 2 clicking positions for desired use- or you can fold them all the way in and you wouldn't be able to view anything.

i'm assuming w/daily driving- the side mirrors should be positioned in the middle position- not all the way extended out.

am i correct in that assumption or do other disco owners extend their side mirrors all the way out -(full extension)?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What year is yours? Mine adjust electronically so I can't seem to relate. I hope someone with your setup can help. In the end, it's all about what feels right to the individual.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Rock Crawling

My 03 has what you're talking about. The mirror adjust via motor and control on the dash. But the mirror housings have two possible positions you can view from. I think it's just your preference. If I remember correctly I keep my driver's mirror on the rearward of the two positions, and my passenger side mirror on the position further forward.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:22 AM
8th Gear

DV57 - I understand exactly what your asking and for what it's worth, my driver side mirror is fully extended, and my passenger side mirror is in the "middle" position (between fully extended and closed). Obviously, both are adjusted electronically from their to suit my needs. Hope that helps.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Three Wheeling

I have an 03 Disco. It seems like i have my driver's side extended out all the way- the passenger side- is in the middle.
I just thought maybe the extended all the way out is done when you're towing something.

I didn't know for sure if there was a standard position - I also can control the mirrors inside to tweak the positioning of the mirrors.

I just wanted to see how everyone else is positioning their mirrors.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

DV57
the side mirrors have 2 positions that they toggle into. The passenger side I don't extend all the way. The electronic control is a little quirky meaning that I can't turn out my pass. side mirror out as far as it could go in the midvertical position. If I tilt the mirror up electronically, I can tilt the mirror out (further than before) then I tilt the mirror electronically down for proper viewing. So it is 2 steps instead of just 1 if I want to move my viewing angle laterally.
Must be the cable binding slightly.
Ed

Old 06-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Three Wheeling

thanks all - i appreciate your time and response.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The passenger should be on the first setting, and the drivers all the way out. The reason they have 2 settings is they are RH or LH drive vehicles. That way there is one mirror for both, you just have to adjust it.

Quick Reply: SIDE MIRRORS - POSITIONING