Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLABS ECU Issue-Sub-system controls

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:21 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLABS ECU Issue-Sub-system controls

I've been trying to get my ECU to fire the SLS compressor, and thinking it was the unit needing to be reset. (Trip to the Stealership-OUCH!)

HOWEVER!!!

I noticed (when it was operational) the unit would stop when the door opened, implying other sub-systems that controlled the power-on function of the leveler.

Then, as I was locking it up, the horn beeped. The ONLY time this has happened in the past (and it happened every time) was when a door was left ajar. This led me to think that one of these sub-systems may have decided to go at at this particular time, thereby following Murphy's Law of Land Rover Ownership.

Does anyone know what subsystems (in addition to the "door ajar" phenomenon) have this effect on the SLABS or SLS system? Also, where the possible fault(s) may lie?

Ron
Whatever the Human mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
(Mark 11:24)

Old 08-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: SLABS ECU Issue-Sub-system controls

Ron, I know you have SLS issues, and Im sure it will get sorted somehow, However, Posting 4 different topic / titles for the SAME thing does not really help, and will not get you an answer any quicker......... Keep all your posts under the same topic, its far easier then for fellow users to follow your progress.........

and to reset your SLS ECU, You will need to visit a dealer, or an independant that has Rovacom or Testbook diagnostics.....

Just for info, the SLS compressor will not run until ALL doors are shut, and the engine is running...(unless you have a remote fob for trailer connection.)

Old 08-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SLABS ECU Issue-Sub-system controls

There was a dealer recall for the slabs ecu, I had mine done 2 years ago. You should check to see if yours has ever been done.