Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLS airs up sometimes and sometimes it doesn't

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:21 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLS airs up sometimes and sometimes it doesn't

99 disco ii air suspension will stay aired up after i park for as long as it is parked 2,3,4 days but when i drive it again it will only stay up for 20-30 minutes so i am sure it doesn't have any leaks and also the off road switch will not make it air up also sometimes it will air up and most of the time it won't if someone could please give me some advise please help i am thinking about changing over to springs when i save up the money if can't get the problem fixed.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Switch over to springs and be done with it.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I think he is asking for help!!
If you want some help, send me your number and I'll call you tomorrow.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default good advice..

Originally Posted by Spike555
Switch over to springs and be done with it.
This is your best advice... If he is asking for advice he doesn't know any better...

Chris

Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Coming from someone who never had SLS, I suppose.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default I did..

I did Mike... Been there , done that..... wasted countless hours for what springs can do. On my RR and 2 Disco's....SLS, ACE are great ..."when you buy your truck new" off the showroom floor........ 6 years later they are ready for meat packing plant.. Sorry, but i have few left hour's left in my life than to screw with stupid crap..

Chris

Last edited by vandev; 05-14-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Administrator

I stand corrected. I put short of 90,000 miles on my 99 D2 with ACE and SLS. That truck has done the Rubicon, many of the high Sierra trails, Death Valley, Moab and Colorado at which point, I had some problems and after finding the fault and not having the money to correct that particular issue I gave up and went to coils and have missed that SLS ever since having replaced mine with a set of OME 762's.
SLS issues are easy to work thru and will always treat you well on and off the road when maintained.
If I were not living on Social Security I would still have the system and I always offer to help someone who wants to keep theirs.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default I hear you..

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
I stand corrected. I put short of 90,000 miles on my 99 D2 with ACE and SLS. That truck has done the Rubicon, many of the high Sierra trails, Death Valley, Moab and Colorado at which point, I had some problems and after finding the fault and not having the money to correct that particular issue I gave up and went to coils and have missed that SLS ever since having replaced mine with a set of OME 762's.
SLS issues are easy to work thru and will always treat you well on and off the road when maintained.
If I were not living on Social Security I would still have the system and I always offer to help someone who wants to keep theirs.
I hear you...When i got my 95 Range Rover , i enjoyed it working for two years ...then when it started acting up , it was asking my wallet for some green... I screwed with that thing forever...fruitless waist of time when i look back. Then my daughters 00 DII, worked great for a year and one side was always leaning. Replaced rear bag...then sensor went.. my rover guy gave me some take off springs for $100.00 and problem solved. My 04 DII, well took out the bags the day i bought it and the ACE had a crapped compressor.. The guy before me just got the shorter belt and didn't use it. Can't see sinking money into a new compressor when i have a list of suspension, tires, wheels , tent Etc, i want to do so I can enjoy it. I stand corrected, if you have unlimited funds, you can have everything working.....

Old 05-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Mudding

This is my new favorite thread

Old 05-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Overlanding

jgeorge,

If you need it NOW and are limited on budget, it's awesome that Disco Mike is offering his time and knowledge.

FWIW, my DII's SLS was acting up and got a OME 2" medium duty lift once the bags were down as much as up--something that really freaked out my wife. I don't regret dumping the SLS one bit either. BTW, it was cold weather that seemed to give my SLS fits, it ran "okay" in warm weather.

I recently replaced the OE bumper with an currently-empty ARB winch bumper and the MD springs compressed in the front--probably ~.2-4" and I have a bit of a hot rodder look going with the rear higher. Some hate that look, I don't mind it. However, the tires I'm running fit great, so no big deal. And when loaded, it should level out a bit, so even less of a deal. If you *think* you might want to run like this and don't want to lose any lift loaded, get the HD springs. Just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: SLS airs up sometimes and sometimes it doesn't