Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLS help quick

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SLS help quick

[hr]

Guys, my SLS light came on today as I was driving. I stopped the vehicle, and re-started it and the light shut off. Vehicle was perfectly level and light came on again and shut off by itself.

Brought my daughter to her dancing lessons and had the brilliant idea to go out and check it out, instead of staying inside and watching. So there I am in a parking lot with my hand remote to test everything.

Press on the button to lower the suspension and it goes down all the way to the axle. Press the other button to lift it back up, the compressor comes on.....NOTHING happens. Compressor 's running and the truck stay on it's axles??????? It's like minus 25 so I thought maybe the air is too cold. Drive home, put the Disco in the garage, turn the garage heater on and jump in the Jeep to go back to get my daughter.

Got home, waited a little and decided to go in the garage to check things out. Again, the compressor is working but the suspension stays down. WTF!!!![:@]

Just had the SLABS ECU changed last week on recall but everything was working fine before that but I got it changed anyways. Go to the dealer yesterday to have the intake gasket job done, thinking I'd have piece of mind for a while, and not even 24 hours later.........THIS![:@][/align][/align]Wanna know the even worst part.....squeezed underneath to verify the EX-leak there's still drops[8D][/align][/align]It's a good thing I've got this dependable Jeep I can rely on, cause this piece of crap truck is about to leave my life.

I'm really getting fed up.

Advice please.[/align]

Old 02-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: SLS help quick

Send me your tele number and I'll call you ASAP.
Mike
mikeljacobs@comcast.net

Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well, it is a long distance....I'm in Ottawa, Ontario,Canada. But here goes...819-243-2921

Old 02-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man i would remove your number from the forum, anyone could see it on here, just a bit of advice

Old 02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Administrator

I didn't realize where you lived.
I would suggest you crawl under your truck when the compressor is running and see if you can hear it leaking. How many miles on your truck, are you still running the same air bags or have they been replaced what year and model are you driving?
Mike

Old 02-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle

2000 SE7 Disco with 50000 miles

I have this feeling that it's the valve that lets the air out that is jammed open. So no matter how hard the pump tries, the air out valve could be open. So my question is: how do I locate this valve, and how do I get it to shut off.[/align][/align]Also, Could you take my number off.[/align]

Old 02-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Administrator

I can't call Canada on my phone service, but if you want to call me in Colorado, I would be glad to walk you thru some quick checks to find the problem.
Mike
303-862-7680

Old 02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Just dove under the truck again. Pump seems to work like a champ, no leak at the pump. What is that cylinder in wich the air lines go thrue. How can I check if the air gets thrue?????

Old 02-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Administrator

You can go back in and edit out you tele number if you don't want it showing.

Have you pluuled the cover off the compressor, checked for loose fittings, cracked air line or a leak?

How did you lower your truck, did you use the factorys remote?

You might want to disconnect your trucks battery for about 1/2 an hour, let the ECU have a chance to reset when you power back up.
Mike

Old 02-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Took the cap off, let the compressor work for a while, sprayed soapy water as the compressor was working and no bubbles!! Even took the rear left tire off to check if the leak could come from the air bag's air line connection.....No leak !?!

Thing is that I'm about 1/2 hour drive from the dealer, and with thesuspension sitting on the axle like that, It's basically undriveable. Especially that I have to get on the highway to get there. And lots of my neighbors have warned me against buying a rover. So I'm way too proud to call a tow truck and give them thesatisfaction of proving they were right. So I'm stuck big time!!!

Noticed there's 3 lines coming out of the compressor. I understand that the front and end ones are for the air bags. What is the middle one for????

Quick Reply: SLS help quick