Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLS help quick

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SLS help quick

Guys, the dealer informed me that they think that the pump which still makes pumping sound, is not pumping the air bags thus is 99% finished.

They should confirm tomorrow after running more tests ( try another pump)

So I need to establish a game plan, should the pump need replacing. Do I go ahead with the replacement??? or do I switch to coils.

Every winters, we have 3 weeks to a month of -35 degrees outside. It seems that the SLS doesn't appreciate this much.

I've checked the price of a spring conversion, and an O.M.E lift. I was puzzled to see that the OEM coils, were 1 1/2 time the price of a O.M.E coils. Why would that be????? better build??? better quality????

Cause if I can lift the Disco for almost the same price as a OEM spring conversion, the choice will not be too hard to make. This way I'd have new everything all around.

Also noticed that there are shocks for ACE equipped vehicles and non-ACE. What is the difference.[/align]

Old 02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

If you need a pump, buy used at,
http://www.roverlandparts.com/index....TS&Category=23
If you decide to convert to coils, go to OME rear coils and shocks with the adapter plates.
When you get a chance lets talk again.
Mike

Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, first and foremost, I hope they'll be able to find and fix whatever is wrong. But if a new pump is needed, I will most likely switch to coils. I'd hate to have to spend again next winter for the reason that the pumps aren't made to handle such cold for long periods.

It's such a common thing up here in Canada, that the dealers actually hold coil conversions in stock. And they will apparently give me a price I won't refuse. Then if I want a lift, I'll go with spacers and shocks. I only want to go 1 to 1 1/2 inch lift, and that way I can keep the stock ride.

For those who did the switch from SLS to coils, how does the ride compare???