Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sls and off road button

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:06 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sls and off road button

Hi, I have a question, if my truck has the off road button to lift the rear end does that mean I also have sls? I was wondering because I don't seem to see any airbags. When I press the button I can hear the compressor and the light flashes for a really long time but the truck does not rise.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:53 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Markgracia
Hi, I have a question, if my truck has the off road button to lift the rear end does that mean I also have sls? I was wondering because I don't seem to see any airbags. When I press the button I can hear the compressor and the light flashes for a really long time but the truck does not rise.
http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/attach...estion-sls.jpg

If your disco has the SLS button as shown in the provided link than that means your truck originally came with rear air suspension from the factory. If you see no air bags in the rear than that means the previous owner removed them and possibly other components of the SLS system.

Some people prefer no air suspension so it is common for people to remove the rear air suspension. Reason being by the time they acquire the truck it has many miles on it and the original air suspension components are beginning to wear and fail. They cant afford the replacement parts so they rip it out and convert to coil springs. Air suspension on your truck has several benefits and is a excellent feature during off-roading. Also works really well for toughing as it will level out your truck while its under load. If your running or choose to run 16" wheels and tires combined with the air suspension than you will notice much improved ride quality.

If you like your truck the way it is than do not worry about it. If you would like to re-install the SLS parts than you have a couple affordable options.

for quality used parts seek out Rover Land: Discovery Parts

for aftermarket professionally rebuilt air suspension bags visit Arnott. $155 per air spring bag and you need only 2 so thats not a bad price plus they come with lifetime warranty: https://www.arnottindustries.com/sea...del=15&year=48

Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Last edited by TRIARII; 01-03-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

yes; your truck had SLS some cheap bastard cannibalized it and put in springs. You should unplugs the fuse to the compressor, no sense in burning it out. you may want to replace the bags at some point and the compressor is the most costly part .

Old 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys, I guess I'm gonna have to buy the air springs. Should I buy them new or used?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Markgracia
Thank you guys, I guess I'm gonna have to buy the air springs. Should I buy them new or used?
Buy new. you can get Arnott bags from Advance Auto (use a coupon code).