Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small Victory...for now

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 10:04 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Victory...for now

Just wanted to share a small victory:

I've been plagued with a vague and minute coolant leak for a while. Not loosing much coolant, maybe a couple ounces a week, and no overheating at all, but I could smell a bit of coolant and I've been unable to get rid of the waterfall sound. So I've been going crazy.

Today I got to work early so I kept her running and popped the hood, went all around the cooling system from the top with a flexible extendable flashlight. Couldn't see any evidence of a leak. Then I see that the manifold outlet pipe has quite a bit of white residue on it.

I give the hose running into that pipe a little squeeze, and sure enough a trickle of coolant comes out. When I shut down the engine, the leak became a bit more evident. Hoping that cranking the hose down a bit farther onto the pipe, and really cranking down on the screw clamp will fix this vexing problem once and for all.

Anyway, just wanted to vent! Seems like sometimes you take 1 step forward and 2 backwards with these trucks. It's nice when you find a problem and it's easy to fix.