Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so glad I have my Discovery!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just watch out for shopping carts!!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now i just need a flood. I wish that it rained in Seattle. But i think that the hippies drive the clouds away, some how. I hate 'em, I hate 'em.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
I would submit that to them for a idea but I have no idea how I would go about it.
I wouldn't bother. It would be embarrassing to have the dash light up like a christmas tree and have all the electronics short out and them end up stranded in the river while mom sits alone at the baggage claim crying cause her family isn't there.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

One thing to think about when driving through flooded roads is that there may not be a road under the water.
Last fall we had a lot of flooding here, and when the water receded there were a lot of places there were no longer sections of road, but there were several bodies in cars at the bottom of the ravines.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
One thing to think about when driving through flooded roads is that there may not be a road under the water.
Last fall we had a lot of flooding here, and when the water receded there were a lot of places there were no longer sections of road, but there were several bodies in cars at the bottom of the ravines.

thats why i always let the soccer mom in her LR4 lead the way. if she sinks i turn back

Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
thats why i always let the soccer mom in her LR4 lead the way. if she sinks i turn back
Ladies first.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Drifting

Picture is from central jersey saturday night..... the accord in front of me just made it out of the mid door water before it stalled, but I bet the drivers feet were really wet.

Attached Thumbnails so glad I have my Discovery!-drivingflood.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
This reminds me of a great LR commercial that I thought of while sitting in traffic on my way home from work the other night.
I was on the expressway and there was a accident with one lane closed, so here's how my commercial went...

Father and kids sitting in traffic on the expressway, left lane closed due to a break down.
The break down is just past the upcoming bridge with a small river under it.
The kids say "dad, hurry, we're going to be late"
Dog in between the kids panting.
Dad looks at the clock.
"Dont worry guys, we'll make it in time"
He then heads down the embankment and adjusts his Terrain Response in his LR4 and drives threw the river with the cops and the tow truck watching.
He climbs up the other embankment and back on the expressway leaving all of the cars behind sitting in traffic.
Then you see dad and the kids and dog standing at a small airport while the door opens on a small turbo prop plane.
And who exits the plane?
Their mom who is coming home from Iraq still in her uniform.
Dad smiles, kids cry "mommy mommy" dog barks and dad turns to the truck as under his breathe says "thank you"

Man I should write commercial's.

Amazing Idea... I am going to share this one with my fiance when she gets home. You do a good job of describing just enough to paint a picture but not to much so that each reader can stylize it in their own way.

I wouldn't bother. It would be embarrassing to have the dash light up like a christmas tree and have all the electronics short out and them end up stranded in the river while mom sits alone at the baggage claim crying cause her family isn't there.
You are taking all the fun out of this - LOL...

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
Ladies first...

Old 03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Rock Crawling

Oh Tom you and your silly "think before you act" .

Old 03-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the Passaic has receded, and now the damage to everyone's houses is becoming evident... really sad to see neighbors lose sooooo much.

on another note, the Subaru looks like a terrarium on a hot day.

Quick Reply: so glad I have my Discovery!