Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOaking wet carpets in the footwells

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

So, it poured rain yesterday, which normally sucks, but in my case was awesome. I left my car outside to test whether or not it was water tight, and all seems to be good.

Basically the sunroof drains were only part of the problem. The windshield was not sealed properly leaving space between the roof and the the gasket. This then got full of junk (mostly pine needles) making it leak. It dripped down the rear-view mirror and on the radio and center console. Not sure this is what caused my wet foot-wells, but it seems dry now.

As mentioned above, while diagnosing this problem and trying to see if it could be plugged you A/C drains, I realized my A/C does not work. But that is for another day. have other things to address (3 Amigos) before that is my priority.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by bustedwheel; 04-14-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I think I have it figured out. at least until the next thing leaks. ugh.
It pured here last night, and I noticed the passenger floor mat had brown water on it and the carpet was wet. After some investigating (with a flashlight and this forum) I found a problem (i didn't say "the problem" because who the h3ll knows with this thing.

There is a joint where the a-pillar and the firewall meets that had joint sealer (form the factory) on it and I think it had started to leak. I took the a-pillar covers off, the wiper arms and the plastic trim on the cowl apart. I am not sure you can actually take the trim piece off without removing the hood, but I was able to move it to the side enough to get in there. Then I put a good seal of silicone on the joint. I also did the drivers side while I had it apart. The other part I did looks like a part of the heater box, and it looked like it may be leaking too, so I hit that as well.

Here are some pics for reference. I know the silicone is not the prettiest or the neatest, but I don't care, plus that stuff is a freakin mess.

The first pic is to give a reference to where I am talking about on the truck, the second is the joint, and the last is the heater (or whatever) vent

Attached Thumbnails SOaking wet carpets in the footwells-discoleak.jpg   SOaking wet carpets in the footwells-discoleak1.jpg   SOaking wet carpets in the footwells-discoleak2.jpg