Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some sunroof tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011 | 12:15 PM
|
Mudding
Default Some sunroof tips

So my front sunroof has given me tons of grief, stuck my radio on country helped along the death of my headliner. At one point after taking down the head liner fixing the drain tubes and still finding a leak after reinstall I considered for just a second....sealing it with epoxy....but no i really liked it.
I posted a thread of how I was going to re-drill tube holes and run new lines....bad day.....haha. Yesterday after more rain I decided to inspect the seal closely and after watch the actions of the rear roof over a few times found the front seal to be a bit squished on the left side.
Using my old transmission gasket (cleaned) and razor blade to trim it flat. I laid it under the sunroof gasket with some clear caulking and checked to make sure everything mated together nice and tight and rained like a mother last night. The inside of my truck finally was bone dry. Now you could use any thin waterproof material I used that only because I hadn't thrown it out yet for whatever reason and there was no other use for it. That and I couldn't find a new sunroof gasket ANYWHERE online and didn't see the point of hunting for another used in a junkyard as it would probably just leak again IMO.
Anyway the moral of the story is....be more patient and take some closer looks haha. Good luck to anyone else fixing this problem and you use this solution AT YOUR OWN RISK. Don't tell me how you used too much caulking and sealed your sunroof shut haha.