Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 04:48 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone help

I just recently bought a 2000 Landrover Discovery Series 2. It has 72,000 miles on it and two back jump seats, heated seats.. and the good stuff. I paid 12,400 for it with tax, and i was wondering if it was a good choice i made. I want the car for the kids but i dont really want to spend too much money for repair. If i use the car for small little trips probably 30 mile trips at most, is this a reliable car?

thanks in advance guys

Old 04-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Drifting
Default RE: Someone help

The tone of your post sounds as if you feel like you've made a mistake. Why do you feel like you've made a mistake?

Land Rovers aren't any more or less reliable than most cars. One thing you will find, however, is the maintenance is more expensive than similar vehicles. As long as you do regular maintenance you should enjoy years of worry-free use from your Land Rover.

Hope this helps...

Old 04-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GadgetRick

The tone of your post sounds as if you feel like you've made a mistake. Why do you feel like you've made a mistake?

Land Rovers aren't any more or less reliable than most cars. One thing you will find, however, is the maintenance is more expensive than similar vehicles. As long as you do regular maintenance you should enjoy years of worry-free use from your Land Rover.

Hope this helps...

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 04-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Mudding

Yeah, i thought i made one too, but i guess not. Well i guess i should post pictures here of it, i im gonna go take some pictures right now, and ill probably end up posting some by tonight. Thanks for the help guys.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Drifting

Just enjoy the ride... (pun intended)

LRs are a lot of fun and great vehicles. I've got a Freelander right now and will get a Disco sometime in the next few months. I can't complain about the Freelander (other than wishing it was bigger) and I've poked around the Net for a while and haven't heard any major complaints about the Discos (other than the cost of maintenance).

Just relax and enjoy your LR. You should be fine.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Mudding

yeah now i am confident with my buy, if you didnt notice, here are the pics of my LR:

https://landroverforums.com/m_1885/tm.htm

Old 06-06-2005, 02:12 PM
4th Gear

Khumbani,

You've had your Disco for a few months now how do you like it. By the way I'm purchasing one today (2000 SD II) with 56K for $12,800. I've been debating b/w this Disco and an '02 Freelander with 60K. What's your suggestion? Would you recommend it? Also, you are a lucky dog, mine does not come with the jump seats! I will install some if i can get a steal on it.

Thanks.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Mudding

I've had my 2000 Disco for about 6 months now, and I love it. Yes, you need to be on top of the maintenance, since repairs will be pricey. I've driven it for long road trips, running around town, and off-road. It performs like a champ, and is a pleasure to drive. I'd recommend it over the Freelander just for the serious off-road benefits. You get more bang out of a Disco, in my opinion. The Freelander WILL give you better mileage (my Disco gets ~17 mpg on the highway, which isn't bad for a V8 and full-time 4WD).

Parts are more expensive in general. For example, I'm getting the brakes done today, and you have to get the more expensive brake pads, about $20 more than basic pads. OEM windshield wipers will run you about $35 a piece, but refills are acceptable and work fine. Major repairs WILL nail you, so spend the extra little bits now, and you'll have tons of fun. This is the only car I've ever bought where I didn't go through serious buyer's remorse afterwards.