Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone just shoot me please!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 12:25 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone just shoot me please!!!!!!

2004 Disco, called dealer with vin #, they gave me 1213 for the radio code, saying check the glove box for the bar code to get 5th number to make a 5 number code. Bar code gone. I have tried every variant of 1213 such as "11213 to 12131" I only have numbers 1-7 to choose from, no 0,8,9 to enter. Added 1-7 at the front and rear of 1213 no luck

I have the hse model with the nav radio, which the radio was not swapped out either......Just shoot me, I am at a loss for finding the code.

I even paid for a code service with vin, with no answer or reply, was snookered on that one.

Last edited by Disco-Queen; 03-29-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...let it go...let it go.....don't want it anymore....

should be your new theme song (from Frozen).

Just sing it out at the top of your lungs in your LR.

I recall reading your post a while back about your radio. Have you phoned LR of NA? Leap frog the dealer.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:45 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

OK.
You have 10 tries you need to do.
0 to 9.

The radio will lock you out after I dunno three tries or such?

You need to leave the key ON and the engine not running and the radio on for an hour before entering more codes.

Advice - do this and hook a battery charger to the battery too.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:50 PM
4wd Low

I have spoken with a dealer in Seattle, one I Chicago, and the other in Miami, each time, the service department takes my vin number and comes back with the same code 1213 and the "you need the barcode for the 5th digit." Guess LR of NA might help, but at this point........???????

Old 03-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Mudding

Honestly, I just replaced the radio. I use my phone for navigation anyway. the only downside is that the shop who did it couldn't get my steering wheel controls working, which was disappointing.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco-Queen
2004 Disco, called dealer with vin #, they gave me 1213 for the radio code, saying check the glove box for the bar code to get 5th number to make a 5 number code. Bar code gone. I have tried every variant of 1213 such as "11213 to 12131" I only have numbers 1-7 to choose from, no 0,8,9 to enter. Added 1-7 at the front and rear of 1213 no luck

I have the hse model with the nav radio, which the radio was not swapped out either......Just shoot me, I am at a loss for finding the code.

I even paid for a code service with vin, with no answer or reply, was snookered on that one.
Take the radio/nav unit out get the serial number and any other numbers on the unit then telephone/e-mail LR and they will give you the radio code. It's a common problem unless you own the truck from new.

PS. After entering the code wrongly 3 times you have to wait 10 minutes, I believe, before trying again otherwise it will just 'lock you out'.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 03-29-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:44 AM
Rock Crawling

I've always liked Steve at Landrover of Peabody, MA. He knows his stuff and he is the service manager. He may not know me or my LR, but I have spoken to him a couple of times for some quick answers to questions I had and he was always helpful. No charge as well for his knowledge. I know you mentioned you phoned a couple of dealers with very little positive outcome. Maybe try Steve. See what you get.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:00 AM

BANG................Shoot the main dealers.....................speak to the 'engine driver not the oily rags'............LR will give you the code provided you give them the right numbers off of the radio unit...................job done.

Main dealers exist only to take your money............nothing else.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:46 AM
4wd Low

Thanks for all the input, I would imagine pulling the radio will be my only option. Does anyone have a youtube link or detail on the task.....?

Thanks.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Disco-Queen
Thanks for all the input, I would imagine pulling the radio will be my only option. Does anyone have a youtube link or detail on the task.....?

Thanks.
First you need the removal 'keys' you can either buy them from an LR or auto radio store or make them (they are very cheap). Then look in the RAVE Manual (on this forum) and it's shows exactly how to pull out the radio satnav unit. I looked online in youtube but there wasn't a vid for the radio satnav. It's really easy to remove believe me. All the serial numbers will be found on the radio satnav casing.

Quick Reply: Someone just shoot me please!!!!!!