Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sometimes, it may be the easy stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Sometimes, it may be the easy stuff...

so I'm still pretty new to my Disco and learning the truck and all that. I've had no success in bleeding all of the air out of the cooling system, and the temp's aren't always steady, but mostly so. anyhoo- I've thrown in the towel on that issue and will take the truck to the local indy shop and get them to draw a vacuum on it/find the blockage. in buying some parts from them and talking with them about the 3 amigos repair they seem okay, and a small job like this will give me the chance to see their work. anyhoo- one of the corollary issues to the cooling system is the aux fan, which was not working since buying the truck. I spun the blades and saw that it had not seized up, I changed out the relay w/ another one and checked the fuse, still no joy. then, I noticed that the plug from the fan was just dangling, not plugged in. I took the grill off (which is way less complicated than the Rave shows), plug the fan in and it works! (for now...) anyway, doing that reminded me of another thread I read recently where the writer suggested a similar thing. and it's a good reminder- don't forget to check the obvious stuff.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't just apply to Rovers... I just moved to a new house and replaced the dishwasher. Found the breaker (which none are labeled), switched it off, yanked the old washer out. Couple days later got the new one in and wired up. Flipped breaker back on and nothing.
Out comes the multimeter, testing everything in site... Head to home depot and get a new breaker, replace, still nothing. check all gfci plugs and they are all working. flip the disposal switch, it works. flip the mystery switch next to the disposal switch and the dishwasher comes on... STPUID! Who puts a switch for the dishwasher! anyway... i'm a Networking guy by trade, and as we say... don't forget about layer1

Old 02-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by primussucks
Who puts a switch for the dishwasher!
Yeah, that's a strange one indeed!