Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry, off topic thread: guns

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ewwww hi point... ill pay you to get rid of that thing before it explodes in your hand... as for the 10mm hell yea not much market for them but awesome concept take a .40 and stretch it out.. bam 10mm and if your into reloading you can just find brass and reload .40 cal bullets. dont hate on the .45 acp its an awesome round you dont need straight line ballistacs when your splattering lead in the cheast of a burgler... a hamburgler

Old 05-06-2009, 05:45 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hamburgler hahahahhaa

Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffrudy
... a hamburgler
Thanks alot.
Now im gonna have nightmares.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:12 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffrudy
ewwww hi point... ill pay you to get rid of that thing before it explodes in your hand... as for the 10mm hell yea not much market for them but awesome concept take a .40 and stretch it out.. bam 10mm and if your into reloading you can just find brass and reload .40 cal bullets. dont hate on the .45 acp its an awesome round you dont need straight line ballistacs when your splattering lead in the cheast of a burgler... a hamburgler
Actually the 10mm came before the 40. The 40 was developed because the FBI agents the 10mm was designed for couldn't handle the recoil. It started with full power 10mm rounds (165 grain projectile at 1425fps) then turned down to 10mm "FBI" loads (same 165 grain projectile at 1100fps). That's when someone decided that since the powder load in the 10mm case has been reduced there's no need for the long case which means the guns can be physically smaller also. And that was how the .40 S&W came to be (known in 10mm circles as 40 short and wimpy).

Old 05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by greg409
I guess as an old-timer, I'll have to be the voice of reason here.

!st I'm a moderate w/liberal bias.

that being said, if I were to carry, it'd be a 4" barrel iver johnson tp22.

Silly, huh?

I could shoot a couple hundred rounds a week (silly cheap ammo), almost no recoil, it's less than an inch thick, uncle ben makes a holster inside the waistband that holds an extra clip.

If I shot remington yellowjacket hollow points (I might have a couple hundred laying around) with a 1,900 fps velocity out of a 4" barrel, they'd probably fragment on impact
@ 15-20ft.

Then for when the teeming masses run into my yard to storm my DI for parts,
I'd greet them with a winchester ranger pump (unplugged) with an alternating mix of #2 shot, then 1oz. rottweil hollows, shot, hollow, etc.

By then, the person complaining to 911 about their food order being screwed up should be finished, I'll call the police.

But I'm just old skool, I guess

Hugs,greg
A 22 on the hip is better than a 45 at home. A gun too big to carry or too much recoil is useless. I personally practice fast draw and rapid fire with my 10mm so I am prepared for situations where it becomes an issue.

Uncle Mike makes holsters, Uncle Ben makes rice. LOL

Old 05-06-2009, 07:22 PM
TReK

a dream gun to own IF you can find one is a old Belgian made Browning Hi-Power 9mm.

my dad has had one since he was much younger then i am now. that has always been one of my favorite handguns to shoot and i often borrow it and go to the range or woods to plink with it.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It all depends on what you intend to use the gun for. Yeah a 10mm has good ballistics, so good that it will kill the intruder...go through 2 layers of drywall and kill your kid sleeping in the next room.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:34 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
It all depends on what you intend to use the gun for. Yeah a 10mm has good ballistics, so good that it will kill the intruder...go through 2 layers of drywall and kill your kid sleeping in the next room.

so your saying a Barret 50 cal is not an ideal anti home invasion weapon?,,,,

Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
EXACTLY!!

There is always such a thing as to much.
That is why I use a .380, 2 rounds to the chest will stop a man in his tracks, he may not be dead but he aint movin'.
You can handle the recoil with one hand, can hold, steady and shoot with one hand but wont kill your neighbor when you miss.
You dont use a 10 gauge when squirrel hunting so why use a .45 for home defense?
The FBI, CIA, Police etc. are dealing with heavily armed and prob flak vested bad guys so they need the extra power, not to mention that they have to practice all the time so that they dont miss.

If somebody breaks in and wants your brand new 42" HD TV, let them have it, if they want your wife, kill them.
The TV can be replaced, your wife cannot...unless she is like my first wife.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spike555
EXACTLY!!

There is always such a thing as to much.
That is why I use a .380, 2 rounds to the chest will stop a man in his tracks, he may not be dead but he aint movin'.
You can handle the recoil with one hand, can hold, steady and shoot with one hand but wont kill your neighbor when you miss.
You dont use a 10 gauge when squirrel hunting so why use a .45 for home defense?
The FBI, CIA, Police etc. are dealing with heavily armed and prob flak vested bad guys so they need the extra power, not to mention that they have to practice all the time so that they dont miss.

If somebody breaks in and wants your brand new 42" HD TV, let them have it, if they want your wife, kill them.
The TV can be replaced, your wife cannot...unless she is like my first wife.

a real man never lets his TV go without a fight,,,,

i'd shoot through the TV to kill a guy on principle alone.

Quick Reply: Sorry, off topic thread: guns