Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plugs info/question

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:23 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default spark plugs info/question

yeah I know we discuss plugs every week, but I have one thing I wanted to add and one question (could not find the last thread i was looking for) anyways...I did some more research into the E3 spark plugs..it seems that the major fuel gains are from small non-electronic controlled engines like lawnmowers and weed eaters (just as spike report). I do not know if this is just a coincidence. Fuel consumption and power gains vary when it comes to vehicles. Some people claim no gains others claim some gains.

spark plug clocking, does anybody know what degree is the optimal clocking angle for a rover?

Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: spark plugs info/question

I think that in a throught the cylinder head straight down into the combustion chamber is going to net the best results.
My 2001 Montero was that way, over head cam four valve spark plug right down the middle of all the valves and I netted great results with the E3 plugs.
My lawnmower has a Honda OHV engine, great results with that same plug.
My snowthrower is a 2-cycle, again, through the head, 5 years same plug, full chake when warm and it still runs, I cannot flood the engine to stall it.
Chaninsaw, again 2-cycle through the head.
On all of these engines using the E3 spark plug I used less fuel and the plug isgaurunteed to last 5 years.
I almost have enough money saved up for the plugs and wires for my truck, and yes I am going to use the E3 plug.
I will gain MPG just because my plugs are worn out.
I am thinking of maybe doing a little write up on installing the plugs, wires and heat shields for the wires.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:23 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: spark plugs info/question

i have the wires on order and the ngk iridiums are in stock at my local napa