Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speed transducer

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed transducer

Where is it located on a 2001 Disco 2? And where can I find a diagram showing where it's at and how to change it out?

TIA

Sparky
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: speed transducer

Buy yourself a Rave CD on E-Bay that will give you all the help you need.
Why are you wanting to change the transducer?
Mike

Old 06-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Drifting

What's up with the attitude and the rave cd? I'm asking because I was told it would help the engine skipping. Isn't that what this forum is for to ask questions they may have without getting a smart azz remark in return. If you don't want to help don't answer the question? And before you say it, yes I found out the 2001 doesn't have a speed transducer.

Sparky

Old 06-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Mudding

Hey!... I'm gunna have to come and defend Disco Mike. He wasn't being rude, nor give you a smart *** return. He was being honest, and he wanted to know what you needed to change it for.

Once he has the answers from you, he can further help your situation.

Disco Mike is THE person to go to for help, and has ALWAYS offered his help.

Please don't disrespect our greatest supporter and the person with the most knowledge.

Happy Rovering!

John-Robert

Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Drifting

Telling me to buy a rave cd on ebay is being honest? Nothing in my original question warranted that unnecessary comment. I don't think it's very polite to go off subject with that tone especially when they are the moderator.

Sparky
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Rock Crawling

Err yeah I'm with Johnnybob & onMike's sideon this. Scan thoughthe posts on this forum and see how many questions Mike tries to help with on here. Look at the "Top Ten" posters on right side of screen. He's just being to the point and asking why you want to do what you want to do,and probably tell you whether or not it's a good idea. As many posts as he replies to you should be happy you got a response at all!

I think you may have mis-understood the "rave CD" response. I'm sure it wasn't "off subject". I'm actually not familiar with the "rave CD" myself but I'm sure it's some sort of service manual CD. I bought an OEM Land Rover service manual CD when I was in the UK.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

ORIGINAL: sparky

Telling me to buy a rave cd on ebay is being honest? Nothing in my original question warranted that unnecessary comment. I don't think it's very polite to go off subject with that tone especially when they are the moderator.

Sparky
[align=left] [/align]
The problem with most forums is people ask questions that don't always make since and I like to figure out what some one has or needs before i thow out an answer that won't work.
In your case I suggest a Rave CD as a good idea for you for a referenc in the future, something that can be more accurate then some replys, and you did ask where you could find a diagram of where it is located.
There was no attitude at all in my suggestion and question, there was however alot of attitude from you, so if you want to continue to use this forum and get the sort of feed back you were looking for, try a different attitude.
You might have said, hey, I have a problem, this is what is going on, maybe a fault code if you had it, it would have been alot easier to reply.
Mike

Old 06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Three Wheeling

Disco mike's one of the most knowledgeable guys on here with our trucks so if he asks a ??? there's a reason for it. You can order the rave cd for free at one of the online rover shops. Just don't recall which one right now, maybe someone else will chime in with the website.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Drifting

A rave cd sounded to me like an insult to go fly a kite. I am not aware of this terminology and took it wrong. I appoligize. Please explain this rave cd in more detail.

Sparky

Old 06-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Mudding

Hey sparky!

Well, what the RAVE CD is, is basically a shop manual on a CD.. it's the one that the dealership uses.

With this CD, you will find anything you are looking for when it comes to diagrams or information.

I know the CD can do alot more, so someone will have to chime in for me.

To stay on topic, what did you need info on the speed transducer for?

Happy Rovering!

John-Robert

Quick Reply: speed transducer