Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sporadic ignition - part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sporadic ignition - part 2

I've copied this over from my first post- My 02 Disco 2 has been a great addition to the fleet, and I love driving anywhere and everywhere in it, until this week. I now have no Idea how to deal with a situation that has suddenly stopped my in my tracks, literally... The truck was in a bit of an off road experience last week (teen age drivers), which may have jarred loose the gremlins, but she was back on the road with only a minor dent to show for the troubles! We covered close to 100 miles and a run into Halifax, NS, when outside the Canadian Tire (auto parts retailer) my son triggered the Rover Alarm, opening a door when the truck was still locked. since then, we roll the dice every time we need to go anywhere, as it starts, sometimes, then others, turns over, but no sign of spark or fuel!? It's as if the ECM has decided either the security system or safety system (air bags?) has told it to shut down. all other electrical systems work, but no ignition. any Ideas where I should start looking???

Now, it's given up and won't start at all...HELP!