Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steel lugs, What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steel lugs, What do you think?

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ANR4851GA.cfm

Just ordered a set of Procomp series 87 Rock Crawlers, and I am looking around for some different lugs. Not only do I think the stock ones look terrible, but I am real tired of dealing with the covers being buggered up. Has anyone picked these up? I did a lot of searching around the forum and can't find anything about them or anyone using aftermarket lugs.

Thoughts?

Old 10-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StormTroopa
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ANR4851GA.cfm

Just ordered a set of Procomp series 87 Rock Crawlers, and I am looking around for some different lugs. Not only do I think the stock ones look terrible, but I am real tired of dealing with the covers being buggered up. Has anyone picked these up? I did a lot of searching around the forum and can't find anything about them or anyone using aftermarket lugs.

Thoughts?
StormTroopa...are you sure those wheels will fit (bolt pattern, back space, etc.)? I hope they do because they look great!

Old 10-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Mudding

I have those lug nuts. I've only been running them for about a month, on AB Steel wheels. They look nice, seem well built and strong. I also hope those Rock Crawlers fit, they do look awesome!

Old 10-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I have heard that the powder coating comes off very easy and they rust.
But thats just what I've heard.
I would imagine that you could go to a tire shop and buy a set of steel lugs for cheaper.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Mudding

I hope what you've heard isn't true, Spike.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Team Owner

Even if it is you can just paint them.
I am going to explore the steel lug option from Belle Tire when I put my Series rims on my truck.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mwindth
StormTroopa...are you sure those wheels will fit (bolt pattern, back space, etc.)? I hope they do because they look great!
5x120 with a 4.75" backspacing SHOULD fit lol. I'm about 99% sure, but you know these trucks, there's always that 1%. /crossfingers

Originally Posted by Spike555
I have heard that the powder coating comes off very easy and they rust.
But thats just what I've heard.
I would imagine that you could go to a tire shop and buy a set of steel lugs for cheaper.
Any particular size? I thought the d2 had some different thread than most. Because I would LOVE to save some cash.

I'll make sure to post pictures when they come in tomorrow. 16s going on a brand new set of hankook atm's. I'm excited

Old 11-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

Just take your truck and a lug nut to the tire shop and tell them what you want.
No the lug nuts on a Disco are not a funky made for deep space only found on the dark side or Mars thread pitch.
There are 2 types of threads as far as I know, metric and SAE, its going to be one or the other.

The hard part is going to be getting the correct taper on the lugs because you dont have your steel rims yet.
Personally I would wait to get the lug nuts until I had the steels installed.
Hell, you could even have the tire shop figure it out for you while they were, um...installing your tires.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spike555
Just take your truck and a lug nut to the tire shop and tell them what you want.
No the lug nuts on a Disco are not a funky made for deep space only found on the dark side or Mars thread pitch.
There are 2 types of threads as far as I know, metric and SAE, its going to be one or the other.

The hard part is going to be getting the correct taper on the lugs because you dont have your steel rims yet.
Personally I would wait to get the lug nuts until I had the steels installed.
Hell, you could even have the tire shop figure it out for you while they were, um...installing your tires.
hahah yeah, that was sorta my plan. I'm going to give them a call when I get out of class, and see if they have them around to just get them out of the way. Now, to see when AB is sending me my new rotors

Old 11-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Team Owner

If you have to order them from AB try and get them added to your brake order, why pay for shipping twice if you dont have to?

But I really really think your local tire shop will have a set, they wont be "Rover" lugs but who cares?

Quick Reply: Steel lugs, What do you think?