Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straight up trade for your ACE equiped Disco?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Cool Straight up trade for your ACE equiped Disco?

Posted in the D2 section intentionally in order to reach the right group so please do not move.

Just curious if anyone out there with a 04 ACE equipped Disco would be interested in a straight up trade for my Trail 1 Edition 04 Disco. I'm not to found of parting with my trail 1 edition and I love the black leather interior and cold climate package BUT everyone else is telling me that its the only realistic way I'm gonna get my hands on the ACE system. If interested send me a PM and we can talk about the trucks.

Brief summery of my truck and whats included:
- 2004 Disco SE 131k
- Black leather, cold climate package: heated front and rear windshield, heated seats, engine block heater, trail 1: A-frame brush bar, 2 LR aux lights mounted on brush bar, rear door ladder (mission upper rear tail lights though)
- Comes with many records, maintained by LR for first 90k.
- Brand new front calipers, all new rotors, pads and new brake master cylinder
- Brand new front propshaft and rebuilt rear propshaft (new rotoflex, Precision u-joint and freshly greased) all new nylock nuts front and rear
- Fresh oil and filter change less than 300 miles ago (Rotella 15w-40), coolant flush, air filter like new, recent spark plug wires, recent new water pump, recent new mmuffler, recent belts etc
- brand new genuine D2 wiper blades front and rear, new passenger side wiper arm
- Genuine LR rubber floor mats, cargo cover
- CDL is fully functional is slides into gear as intended
- Sunroofs do not leak yet and key fod still works
Needs:
- Brake booster servo (pump inside is bad)
- Needs air intake canister (II will be replacing with new genuine soon)
- Needs new battery soon (still my daily driver, but I will be replacing battery soon)
- Needs another brake flush
- 3 amigos
- 3 engine codes: P1590, P1171 and P1174 (currently in the process fixing codes)

Just seeing whats out there. Love my Disco very much and Ive been very busy since I got her afew months ago, busy getting her all up to date with service. So far shes been very good to me minus the above mentioned and I have no major complaints other than lack of the ACE system. See my album for pics. Also have videos if interested.

I'm looking for a 04 Disco thats comparably in the same condition with an active ACE system (not disabled). I prefer something with black leather interior but I can live without. CDL is a must.

Thanks for looking. and please no lectures about ACE! I know dam well what I want so...

Old 01-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRIARII
- cold climate package: heated front and rear windshield, heated seats, engine block heater,
No intention of thread jacking but...

First time i have seen this referenced (Engine Block Heater) then did some research and found that the cold climate package came with it. I have the cold climate package! and regularly experience 0F temps! gotta put that baby to use!

(just read that only Canadian Rovers with Cold Climate came with the block heater...cant wait to get out of work to pop the hood...)

Cant wait to go out to the truck and look for the plug!!

I have had this truck for 2 years and it amazes me the new things i still find....took me about 6 months to figure out the inflatable low lumbar support...

Wish i had ACE as well.....

Last edited by nychaze; 01-24-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: More research was needed!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by nychaze
No intention of thread jacking but...

First time i have seen this referenced (Engine Block Heater) then did some research and found that the cold climate package came with it. I have the cold climate package! and regularly experience 0F temps! gotta put that baby to use!

(just read that on Canadian Rovers with Cold Climate came with the block heater...cant wait to get out of work to pop the hood...)

Cant wait to go out to the truck and look for the plug!!

I have had this truck for 2 years and it amazes me the new things i still find....took me about 6 months to figure out the inflatable low lumbar support...

Wish i had ACE as well.....

Yeah mine has a plug that sticks out of the grille. Hard to miss unless yours is tucked behind the grille. At first I could not figure out what the hell the plug was for, had to ask the forum about it lol. and yeah we get equally cold chills here in New Hampshire as well (we are right under ya so) today it was 20 below!

now what are you referring to "inflatable low lumbar? Are you talking about self leveling suspension? or some other feature?

Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts
Old 01-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You do not want a ACE truck, especially living in the rust belt, the ACE lines rust and leak and are expensive to replace.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spike555
You do not want a ACE truck, especially living in the rust belt, the ACE lines rust and leak and are expensive to replace.
Yearly wax undercoating and for extreme measure buy rubber tubeing to coat the ACE piping as an added level of resistance to rust buildup. A little innovation goes a long way - especially up here in New Hampshire.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Wrap a metal pipe in rubber and its going to rust even faster because water gets in between them and rusts it out.

But hey, whatever you want Hoss, have at it.

Here is my best and last bit of advice to you kido, spend the money on the truck you have to bring it up to safe reliable running condition before spending money on fun things or trading it for someone else's headache just because it has a option you think you need.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Wrap a metal pipe in rubber and its going to rust even faster because water gets in between them and rusts it out.

But hey, whatever you want Hoss, have at it.

Here is my best and last bit of advice to you kido, spend the money on the truck you have to bring it up to safe reliable running condition before spending money on fun things or trading it for someone else's headache just because it has a option you think you need.
Good advice, but I'm afraid it is falling on deaf ears. You know how some kids will listen and others need to find out for themselves that they should have listened? You know where I'm going with this.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

if you want ACE get it, my truck is up here in the snow and salt for 13-years now have yet to have a problem.
I expect to have a problem with a line at some point, just like i espect to have a problem with a brake or fuel after 13-years.
A little preventive maintenance goes a long way, flush your system, clean and oil the bottom of your truck from time to time it will last as long as any other line under there.
Of course if your like some others with the attitude of dont fix it until it breaks, then it not for you.

Last edited by drowssap; 01-25-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:33 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by drowssap
if you want ACE get it, my truck is up here in the snow and salt for 13-years now have yet to have a problem.
I expect to have a problem with a line at some point, just like i espect to have a problem with a brake or fuel after 13-years.
A little preventive maintenance goes a long way, flush your system, clean and oil the bottom of your truck from time to time it will last as long as any other line under there.
Of course if your like some others with the attitude of dont fix it until it breaks, then it not for you.
Well said man and its good to hear that coming from someone in my neck of the woods (New England). Good point about the brake and fuel lines to, they are all exposed and likely to rust with time. Like I said before, some waxoil undercoating and sealed rubber tubing over the lines should increase longevity of the ACE lines. Glad to hear you are still using the ace and have not had any issues, only strengthens my believe in the system

Are you part of Hilltopper's New England LR club?

Quick Reply: Straight up trade for your ACE equiped Disco?