Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Shiney Rover and all the products that made it Shiney After 5Hrs

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile Super Shiney Rover and all the products that made it Shiney After 5Hrs

So I know most of the posts are about the repair aspect of the Discovery II. But once repaired I thought some folks and fellow Quaffers would like to see my collection of shine products! Since I know most of you folks have to drink in order to rationalize Rover ownership!
  • I use a power washer with ultra hot water to wash the car. Its the way to go!
  • After 5 hours of washing and detailing here are all the products I used to shine my Discovery today.
  • The Mothers Gold bar is the way to go to remove small contaminates on the paint.
  • After that I wipe it down with a damp(water) micro fiber towel.
  • I used the 3M Rubbing compound for some small surface scratches and residue from over spray on the wheel wells paint job. It will take off truck bed liner off and not hurt your clear coat, if you are patient to rub long enough.
  • Then go for the Meguiers #7 show car glaze
  • Then the Meguieers #26 HI-Tech Yellow wax.
  • Then clean the windows and your set.
  • 2x a year and your paint will definitely last longer than your motor.

Last edited by bosshogt; 08-28-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

this is why i love white. doesnt require much work!

Old 08-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I was hoping for the first comment to be about the Bombay Saphire. My last car was white. Yes they look less dirty, but are less rewarding visually once waxed. I do like the white Discoverys I think they stand out. Green looks less dirty than black cars which need to be washed about every two weeks unless you just like the look of dirty

Old 08-29-2010, 06:36 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default im in..

Originally Posted by bosshogt
I was hoping for the first comment to be about the Bombay Saphire. My last car was white. Yes they look less dirty, but are less rewarding visually once waxed. I do like the white Discoverys I think they stand out. Green looks less dirty than black cars which need to be washed about every two weeks unless you just like the look of dirty

im in...i always have on hand plenty ...Ill come help clean for a bombay and tonic....i think LR ownership is impossible without it...

Old 08-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use Gordon's, but any G&T will do.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boss u forgot to put a 6 pack of beer in that photo
________
Yamaha motor company specifications

Last edited by sloan74; 03-24-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Ah yes I did forget the beer. But I like the hard stuff. Never developed the taste for beer. But there is a new Gin that is super good and made in USA(CA) called New Holland. I like it as well as Bombay. Any way I save a lot of money for Land Rover parts only drinking gin

Old 08-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

My gin of choice also. It is just so difficult to make a good martini after or while working on the Landy. Getting grease on the shaker or the martini glass is such a drag. Luckily, I have a girl that fits the bill nicely, and she comes in convenient bottles that can take the abuse and grease; St. Pauli Girl.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Although I am a true Texan when it comes to beer I am a northern guy all the way with Sam Adam's. I haven't had a bad Sam Adam's yet. Oh and Michelob Ultra. Mmmmmm....... now I want beer but I am at work. Be tomorrow night before I can have one . Damn you guys for bringing up beer lol.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

im going to rattle can black my whole truck then i don't have to worry about waxing it.

for the record im a vodka guy.

Quick Reply: Super Shiney Rover and all the products that made it Shiney After 5Hrs