Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superlock

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superlock

We are having issues with interior door handles being disabled. After much reading it appears to be SUPERLOCK. Is there any way to reset them? Can you simply disable superlock function?
Good news is flushed the cooling system and it was clean (no dex cool build up) and drove 300 miles yesterday and my coolant level is stable.
Front O2 sensors this weekend. Soaked them with blaster yesterday and will hit them again tonight.
SPERAN

Old 08-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Exactly what sort of lock problems are you having, whatever it is, it is not being caused by the Super Locks.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Uh, yeah, just dont use the super lock.
You use it by locking the drivers door with the key and holding it in the lock position for 3 seconds, dont do that.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Or double clicking lock with the remote. You can have it turned off in the BCU.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Administrator

But why, it is a great feature and in his case, that is not what is causing his problems.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Overlanding
Default Door handle issues

OK, here are the issues:

Passenger front door will not open from the interior. This issue started two days ago and has not functioned since.

Driver's side rear door will not unlock and/or open from the exterior. This issue started a week ago. Sometimes the door works, sometimes it does not.

I have read the superlock function several times and I do not use it. However, my wife drives the car as well - enough said?

Working on new front O2 sensors and will check in later.

Looking through door detail drawings it is hard to tell (or I have not found the correct one) if there is a cable connection from the interior handle to the door catch mechanism or a wiring harness only.

I intend to take off all door panels and lub them, but wanted to have parts available if needed.

RAN

Old 08-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Administrator

What happens if you hit either the lock button on the dash or remote 2 or 3 times, does the actuator work, can you hear it try or feel it try to move.
You most likely just have a bad door lock actuator, pretty common Rover issue.
As for your 02's, what is wrong with them, what codes are they throwing and how many miles on them?

Old 08-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
But why, it is a great feature and in his case, that is not what is causing his problems.
Because Mike we all know what happens when you use the super lock and the battery goes dead.
You cannot get into the truck without breaking a window or stripping a bare spot onto the battery cable at the starter to get power to the truck so you can unlock it.
Or breaking the grill so you can pop the hood open to charge the battery.
Super lock is a nice feature, but why use it?

Old 08-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Overlanding
Default Superlock

We have tried the combinations of functions with the remote, key and interior lock button. I will try again later, but currently the car is getting an ozone treatment as it is a little smelly.

As far as O2, P0130 to the best of my memory, I do not have the note in front of me. The car only has 33000 miles. Bottom line is the only person in the area that has a real land rover code reader charges $100.00 to plug it in and is 40 miles away from me.

On sale I have $120.00 in new front O2 sensors.

Again, as far as not using the superlock function, I am fine with that, but my wife drives the car and if you can teach my wife to operate remotes, I will pay you to come to my house for one on one training sessions.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Overlanding
Default Misc

I have a Lokar hood release that I never got around to putting on my street rod truck. I am going to look at a hidden, secondary hood release just for fun. Will post under new thread. It seems that any cable pull would do, even the cheap ones for lawn mower chokes.

Quick Reply: Superlock