Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superlock / Actuator issue... '04 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 12:13 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superlock / Actuator issue... '04 Disco

Hey everyone,

I know the #1 reply to posts are always to read previous threads but after sitting online for 3 days going over everything im still kinda lost.

I'm having an issue with my 04 Disco. It's currently stuck in superlock mode and I can get in and out with the drivers door and my key, and when I hit the unlock on my key fob and the central button inside I can here the motors in the door move but they stay locked. About a month ago, my front passenger door stopped unlocking by the buttons and I had to reach over and pull the handle.

So like I've said I've read posts and I've tried everything (holding the key in unlock for 3/5 seconds, checking all the fuses, etc). I went to the dealership and they told my I have to replace all of the door latches, which just seems totally ridiculous.

From what I've been reading I think I could just pop the inertia switch in the BCU and replace the front passenger actuator. Does this sound like the right solution?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Desafinado
I know the #1 reply to posts are always to read previous threads but after sitting online for 3 days going over everything im still kinda lost.
That's not usually the case here at LRF. We may be lost but love to offer advice. No personal experience with your current issue so no advice on fix.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:39 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with my 04 Disco. It's currently stuck in superlock mode and I can get in and out with the drivers door and my key, and when I hit the unlock on my key fob and the central button inside I can here the motors in the door move but they stay locked. About a month ago, my front passenger door stopped unlocking by the buttons and I had to reach over and pull the handle.

So like I've said I've read posts and I've tried everything (holding the key in unlock for 3/5 seconds, checking all the fuses, etc). I went to the dealership and they told my I have to replace all of the door latches, which just seems totally ridiculous.

From what I've been reading I think I could just pop the inertia switch in the BCU and replace the front passenger actuator. Does this sound like the right solution?
Im not sure if it happend to me or similar case. But here it goes. There is a part in the door handle like a 4inch nail with a star at the end. This tiggers the electronics in the door once you turn the key. If that nail looking shaft brakes you can only lock driver side door with key but you can lock the rest through the center lock on dash or with remote key. If that is the same problem, i can guide you with the fix or just replace the shaft.

Last edited by LR03NJ; 12-01-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:24 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Im not sure if it happend to me or similar case. But here it goes. There is a part in the door handle like a 4inch nail with a star at the end. This tiggers the electronics in the door once you turn the key. If that nail looking shaft brakes you can only lock driver side door with key but you can lock the rest through the center lock on dash or with remote key. If that is the same problem, i can guide you with the fix or just replace the shaft.
My driver's side door locking on its own is pretty much the only thing working right now so I think that shaft is fine haha.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:34 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

My driver's side door locking on its own is pretty much the only thing working right now so I think that shaft is fine haha.

HAHA! I thought it was just a $25 fix. Ouch! lol!