Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked out of my Disco II - keylock pin sheared while in superlock mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Locked out of my Disco II - keylock pin sheared while in superlock mode

Good morning all,
I have a 2001 Disco II which has the superlock engaged and the lock will not disengage... I pulled the interior panel off today and discovered that the pin that engages the actuator motor and the door lock mechanism is sheared... I already ordered and received a new key fob(mine was damaged years ago), anew key blank, and the actuator motor for the locking mechanism... Rovers North has tried in vain to order a new door handle for me from GB and they insist that they need a 4 digit key number... I have provided vin number, all id markers on existing old key etc. and still can't get the handle... The new fob does not appear to work... I had to break the window to get into the truck but every time I put the key in the ignition the alarm goes off... Any ideas on how I can disengage the superlock so that I can get the door open and hopefully get the truck started...
Thanks in advance for the help...

Marvin Overton

Old 04-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I assume bad door is the driver door, so the exterior lock is not being operated to tell BCU to disable alarm and superlock.

Driver door key operates a switch that momentarily grounds certain wires to signal "lock" or "unlock" - if you have panel off and can find blue& slate colored wire and blue& green wire, great - if not

Pretzle time - Under driver side kick panel (left of brake pedal), there are connectors shown in attached. Connector 733 - pin 10, is a blue with slate colored wire. Poke a straight pin through the insulation. Use a small length of wire to touch that pin to ground for a moment. Should disarm. FYI - connector 744-pin 5, blue & green, that is the door switch contact to arm the system.

If you just can get to the system under the dash, may have to work from the BCU end, and get at the plugs for the BCU (other side of dash).

You can also force the doors to unlock from super lock by applying 12 volts to certain wires. Locate connector C0292 under steering wheel. Pin 15 (pink & purple) is common to all doors except driver. Pin 1 (Pink & slate) is super lock for same group of doors. Pin 8 (Pink & red) is regular lock for same group of doors . Driver door is separate.

Poke pins in the three various pink & something wires above. Apply 12 volts (+) to pink& slate, and 12 volts (-) to pink&purple. That may unlock super lock. If not, reverse polarity and try again... The BCU does this by sending a command to the relay driver package on the back of the fuse panel, which uses an array of relays to send voltage in one polarity or the reverse, to make door motor move to locked, or back out to unlock.

You may have system in such a tizzy that you will have to try the Emergency Key Access code (for your vehicle, 4 digit), and there is also a generic one of 1515.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
c0733.pdf (46.7 KB, 395 views)
File Type: pdf
c0292.pdf (48.7 KB, 465 views)

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 04-10-2012 at 10:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JUKE179r (01-04-2022)
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 AM
5th Gear

Thanks so much Savannah Buzz! We shorted the wire and it opened immediately... Still trying to figure out why the new fob won't work properly and hope to have driver windo glass replaced on monday... still having fits trying ti get a replacement door handle from LR, but hope to resolve this soon... I am truly grateful, couldn't have gotten it done without you... The forum ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you are rolling again.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The remote will not work unless the dealer programs it.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

I have seen some test equipment in the $200 - $300 range on the web that appears to be something that locksmiths can use to access security systems on many makes and models thru the OBDII port. It would appear that the locksmith can also program remotes, and read the EKA for the vehicle. So a locksmith may be an alternative to a dealer.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

And that pin can be made from a 16-20d nail and 10 minutes of work with a grinder/drill press.

The stock replacement one is a cheap, pot metal POS.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Drifting

Same exact thing happened to me. I had to replace the driver door lock pin, which is what broke on me, since I was using the key everyday when the FOB quit. I got the pin here and had it installed in 20 minutes. Better than new, and now I wont ever be locked out again!

Old 03-23-2018, 08:12 PM
2nd Gear
Thumbs up Many Thanks!!!

We had the same issue with our 1999 LR Disco 2. We got in the truck and we were able to disengage the superlock per instructions from Savannah Buzz. That saved us a bunch of money. Now just need to fix the key lock.

Thank you very much for your wisdom!

Old 03-23-2018, 08:28 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Quick Reply: Locked out of my Disco II - keylock pin sheared while in superlock mode