Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail door wont turn off dome lights when closed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by 94svt50
That's the plan just need to find wiring diagram for multi plug going to latch mechanism.
http://www.lrocb.be/LR_Doc/D2/D2_Ele...MY2003_NAS.pdf

Old 08-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A late follow up to the latch problem. Since i didnt want to buy a new latch motor and the problem was related to a stuck switch contact inside the motor. I decided to just interrupt the signal that was telling the BCU that the door was open even though it was closed. This signal not only kept the interior lights on but, also kept the sls compressor from running and the off road height adjustment switch from operating. Since the switch was stuck closed it was sending a a ground signal to BCU by means of the purple wire w/green stripe in harness plugged into latch motor. I simply snipped the wire, leaving an adequate amount if I ever replace the latch motor and want to resplice wire. Might be a good bush fix for someone. Only downside is interior lights do not come on when opening tail door but, all other latching/locking function work fine.

The following users liked this post:
drowssap (08-04-2015)
Old 08-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by 94svt50
A late follow up to the latch problem. Since i didnt want to buy a new latch motor and the problem was related to a stuck switch contact inside the motor. I decided to just interrupt the signal that was telling the BCU that the door was open even though it was closed. This signal not only kept the interior lights on but, also kept the sls compressor from running and the off road height adjustment switch from operating. Since the switch was stuck closed it was sending a a ground signal to BCU by means of the purple wire w/green stripe in harness plugged into latch motor. I simply snipped the wire, leaving an adequate amount if I ever replace the latch motor and want to resplice wire. Might be a good bush fix for someone. Only downside is interior lights do not come on when opening tail door but, all other latching/locking function work fine.
What a total pain in the butt. Thanks for posting the fix.