Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terrafirm Medium Springs - Unloaded Truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:23 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrafirm Medium Springs - Unloaded Truck

Does anyone have the medium TF springs on a truck with no heavy accessories? I'm ready to get the kit but a little nervous about this statement on TF's website (I have a stock truck otherwise, no rack, bumper, etc..)

More than 2 inches of lift will be achieved when less than 50kg of additional equipment is fitted. No additional equipment may lead to too much lift causing drive shaft vibration and steering geometry problems.

Anyone have any experience with this? I notice they do not make anything lighter for the D2.

I browsed around a bit with search on the forums but didn't seem to find anything conclusive.

Thanks!

Old 05-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

No, I have no problems with the drive shaft unloaded.

I have the Medium duty TF 2" springs and +2 shocks. Here is the link to my install.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...stalled-62857/

Also, here is a great thread where a lot of us have posted pictures of our lifts.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...rements-56226/

Last edited by Jared9220; 05-29-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Jared9220
I have the Medium duty TF 2" springs and +2 shocks. Here is the link to my install.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...stalled-62857/

Also, here is a great thread where a lot of us have posted pictures of our lifts.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...rements-56226/

Completely off the topic Jared, but looking at your photo I thought "that's a strange place to have a TV satdish" and also I noticed there was no rainwater guttering is that common or usual?

Old 05-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Completely off the topic Jared, but looking at your photo I thought "that's a strange place to have a TV satdish" and also I noticed there was no rainwater guttering is that common or usual?
They have to face south in the US for most digital TV sat services. I've noticed that in my neighborhood, some were installed similarly... but on my house the previous owner installed it on the other side of the house so the dish points away from the house. I'm assuming that the satellite in orbit is at a wide enough angle that the roofline isn't a big deal.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Umm not quite sure. The corners all have a metal piece that sends water out away from the foundation. I suppose if you want to control where the water drains from the roof then you can add them. I don't mind the water running off the roof. I live in a new neighborhood and none of the houses have gutters. All the houses are on an acre or more and I am in the middle of 2 acres so I don't have to worry about directing my water toward the street or away from a neighbor or anything. I suppose it is an add-on after purchase thing and brand new homes in my neighborhood don't come equipped. Maybe if the rover ever stops stealing my money I can spring for some gutters. I have a really steep roof and when the water drains off the corners it comes flooding down. I really don't think that a gutter would catch it all anyway to be honest. Besides it rains like 3 times a year here.

Terrafirm Medium Springs - Unloaded Truck-20140529_202153.jpg

As for the dish:
I think that the Direct TV guy mounted the dish there because the hook ups for the interior rooms are right below it. The dish has great signal so I don't complain. Besides my roof is really steep and I really didn't want another repair man to come sliding off. (happened to the internet guy)

Last edited by Jared9220; 05-29-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

get those low pro diffusers, instead. much cleaner look, less maintenance.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

It's Texas, people are happy enough to GET rain, let alone manage it with gutter systems.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Imagine how I feel in Las Vegas, Nevada. We get a chance of rain 3 times a year

Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
It's Texas, people are happy enough to GET rain, let alone manage it with gutter systems.
Depends what part of Texas. Some parts get plenty of rain. It's a big place.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolltop
Does anyone have the medium TF springs on a truck with no heavy accessories? I'm ready to get the kit but a little nervous about this statement on TF's website (I have a stock truck otherwise, no rack, bumper, etc..)

More than 2 inches of lift will be achieved when less than 50kg of additional equipment is fitted. No additional equipment may lead to too much lift causing drive shaft vibration and steering geometry problems.

Anyone have any experience with this? I notice they do not make anything lighter for the D2.

I browsed around a bit with search on the forums but didn't seem to find anything conclusive.

Thanks!
If you are worried about the drive shaft after the lift get this spacer and it will cure all your concerns.
PROPSHAFT SPACER KIT RNA512 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

Quick Reply: Terrafirm Medium Springs - Unloaded Truck