Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

terrafirma lift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010 | 06:36 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default terrafirma lift?

Well I ordered my 2 inch hd terrafirma lift, should have it thursday. I was wondering who had it and also if they liked it, a little to late now but I really liked the price and the color it matches the truck.

Old 11-16-2010 | 07:05 PM

i have it and its fantastic. who did you order from? and how much was it?

Old 11-16-2010 | 08:12 PM
|
Three Wheeling

I ordered it from RoversNorth. Hope it was a good price at 641 shipped. Im glad you responed I was wondering does it ride good on the highway? I did have some jeeps over the years and you know how they ride, just didnt want to mess up that rover ride on the road but I will be wheeling it quiet a bit. Do you have winch bumpers and such? I will add them later so thats why I went with the HD. Thanks again Brent

Old 11-16-2010 | 09:19 PM
Rock Crawling

I have it. Very impressive. I did taller tires as well and it feels a bit tippy at highway speeds so I drive slower now. (unless fishing was good and I am running late) but that is scary. However the extra lift will get you streamside without hesitation!

Old 11-16-2010 | 09:45 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Well thanks for the replys I dont know anything about the terrafirma. I have had several lifted trucks but not a rover yet, hope to enjoy going on my hunting lease and showin everybody up with it. I already have my 265/75/16 on my truck now. I got them today they barely fit, so I just need my lift. Thanks guys I hope I will enjoy it.

Old 11-16-2010 | 11:53 PM
Mudding

I had my Terrafirma 2" med lift installed since July, it's actually slightly taller than 2".
The ride is very nice, at least compared to my bros 2000 Disco with OME and the new Nitrocharger shocks, the OME seems to ride a lot more firmer. I know you will be impressed with the performance once you get it installed. You also saved a few by installing this kit vs. OME

Old 11-17-2010 | 06:58 AM

actualy lift on mine was 2.25" im running the same size 265/75 and its about a 4.25" lift from the ground. Not sure how aggressive the tires you are running are now but you will notice some power loss and you speedo will be off by about 7mph at 60. i love the lift. my stock setup was shot so this is a pleasant ride. i dont' have steel bumpers yet so it is still a bit stiff but softer thant he bottomed out shocks i was wheeling with before. best of luck

Old 11-19-2010 | 09:50 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Just got my lift installed tonight. It was alot easier than I thought it would be, I am very pleased with the looks and the ride, but one question do I need to get the front end aligned since I installed the lift. Thanks Brent

Old 11-19-2010 | 11:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle

OK, guys some seem to have went with the HD and some the Medium Duty. Do both give you the 2 to 2.25 inch lift? Compared to a good stock ride, how does each compare in firmness and "tippy" ride at hwy speeds? I need a lift, but do not want that much lift. I just started wheeling a bit, and do pull my boat, utility trailer and camping trailer, so would still like to have a reasonably safe and stable tow vehicle after the lift.

Would one or the other settle faster giving me more of a 1.5 to 2 lift over a year or so? Would the Med Duty settle faster?

Discoboy,

"The MD Terrafirma was less firm than my brother's OME", was the OME MD or HD or Extra HD on your brother's D2 that you compared the ride of your MD TF lift?

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 11-20-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-20-2010 | 07:32 AM

if you are towing you need HD. end of story.

Quick Reply: terrafirma lift?