Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terrafirma rear bumper install woes.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 09:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Podger! That's it!! :-)

Old 11-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

I still need to post some pics of bolting this thing up, but here's how I got the leverage to push the hitch up enough to get the bolts all aligned,.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle

For interested parties, the new Bumper is definitely forcing me to speed up the move from OME HD to Extra HD rear springs.

I can really feel the heavy weight hanging off the end of the truck, it feels a little like towing something with a high tongue weight.

I think the bumper is finally going to be the thing that gets me to re gear the truck as the poor Disco transmission is now hunting like crazy every time I get to the slightest incline.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:15 AM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 283 Likes on 216 Posts

It is an opportune time to see the pic of your truck. I am contemplating a switch from the RTT to a hard shell tent. I want the largest hard shell tent to accommodate my 3 kids. The pic shows a good view of the footprint on my Baja Expedition rack.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by acg
It is an opportune time to see the pic of your truck. I am contemplating a switch from the RTT to a hard shell tent. I want the largest hard shell tent to accommodate my 3 kids. The pic shows a good view of the footprint on my Baja Expedition rack.

I went back and forward for a long time on which RTT to buy. I ended up with the Barroud Discovery Evo Extreme, which fits me and both kids, but not the whole family.

My reasoning was that if we're all going somewhere together, I probably want more space. OzTent has a large family sized tent that attaches to the FoxWing, so for car camping type stuff, it's me and our 4 year old in the RTT, and the wife and 18 month old in the ground tent. Once the boys are old enough, they'll sleep up top and we'll sleep down below.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:34 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Booth
I still need to post some pics of bolting this thing up, but here's how I got the leverage to push the hitch up enough to get the bolts all aligned,.

did you have any misalignment on the sides? Trying to figure out if my bumper was somehow made with the sides opposite or upside down from what they should be. Can’t get it to fit no matter how much we have adjusted and attempted to align.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:16 AM
TReK
Received 786 Likes on 653 Posts

You've got the Chinese bumper with the error. Yes, the end pieces are upside down.
I mounted mine like that and then cut an angle off the bottoms of the corner finishers with a bandsaw. They remounted with three pins just fine.

The following users liked this post:
jaydenblack (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 11:39 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mollusc
You've got the Chinese bumper with the error. Yes, the end pieces are upside down.
I mounted mine like that and then cut an angle off the bottoms of the corner finishers with a bandsaw. They remounted with three pins just fine.

would you mind to post a photo of yours after the bandsaw edit you made?

Old 12-29-2022, 04:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 440 Likes on 300 Posts

I saw that bad angled bumper on several web site sales pics. I have one in a box waiting for warmer weather to install. But I have a welder and ability to fix the issue.... quality 😗???

Old 12-31-2022, 12:56 PM
TReK
Received 786 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by jaydenblack
would you mind to post a photo of yours after the bandsaw edit you made?
Sure thing, as soon as I remember to do it!

Quick Reply: Terrafirma rear bumper install woes.