Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TerraFirma TF009 any one using it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TerraFirma TF009 any one using it?

All these posts of Steel bumpers has me excited!!

Thinking of the Terrafirma TF009. Does anyone have this on there Disco II?

Old 01-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

I've been contemplating trading another DII owner I know for my ARB bar. It has a much better approach angle than my ARB, protects the washer bottle, but offers no brush protection. Looks nice though.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I've been contemplating trading another DII owner I know for my ARB bar. It has a much better approach angle than my ARB, protects the washer bottle, but offers no brush protection. Looks nice though.
I just can't find any reviews on it. I should probably give Justin a call at lucky8. I really like the ARB but don't like the price. If you lived near me I'd buy the TF009 and trade you for your ARB if it was the one for the 03-04.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

I have a TerraFirma on my 110, here is a little review I wrote up on it on d-90.com I know it's not a D2 bumper but same idea and the construction should be the same. I bought mine from Justin and Lucky8, the customer service and price couldn't be beat. I highly recommend shopping with Justin.

Here are my impressions on the TerraFirma pro-blade taper winch bumper.

It's made up of 3/16" steel, all the winch mount areas are fully welded on all seams. It has a additional bracing located near the bolt mounts for the winch. The winch mount area also has a rolled lip that comes down underneath that the bracing is welded into. It has a couple of recovery points that are 5/16 thick welded in. It boxes in the frame horns nicely and uses 3 bolts per side to mount up. It has a very large winch mount area at 28" wide, so it should fit about anything you want to toss in there. The powder coat looks nice but isn't the most durable I've seen. It looks nice on the truck only thing I would like is to see it mounted about 1" or so closer to the body. This one is a AC bumper which might account for the extra distance. It's no RTE or Equipe bumper but with a price point of less than $500 you can't fault it.

Overall it's a nice looking bumper that is well put together at a great price. Pics attached

Old 01-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I have a TerraFirma on my 110, here is a little review I wrote up on it on d-90.com I know it's not a D2 bumper but same idea and the construction should be the same. I bought mine from Justin and Lucky8, the customer service and price couldn't be beat. I highly recommend shopping with Justin.

Here are my impressions on the TerraFirma pro-blade taper winch bumper.

It's made up of 3/16" steel, all the winch mount areas are fully welded on all seams. It has a additional bracing located near the bolt mounts for the winch. The winch mount area also has a rolled lip that comes down underneath that the bracing is welded into. It has a couple of recovery points that are 5/16 thick welded in. It boxes in the frame horns nicely and uses 3 bolts per side to mount up. It has a very large winch mount area at 28" wide, so it should fit about anything you want to toss in there. The powder coat looks nice but isn't the most durable I've seen. It looks nice on the truck only thing I would like is to see it mounted about 1" or so closer to the body. This one is a AC bumper which might account for the extra distance. It's no RTE or Equipe bumper but with a price point of less than $500 you can't fault it.

Overall it's a nice looking bumper that is well put together at a great price. Pics attached
Thank you very much for the info. I think I'm going to go with it. Just need to sell my factory bumper for a decent price now.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

No worries, glad I could help. Tell Justin I sent you 3 more referrals and I get a free set of steak knives..

Just kidding lol

Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
No worries, glad I could help. Tell Justin I sent you 3 more referrals and I get a free set of steak knives..

Just kidding lol

I'd be happy to assist you in getting a set of free knives. I see you live up in the north shore of Chicago. Are you a member of the Chicago land rover club? I was thinking of joining this year.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

I was in the past but the meeting times and places never really worked out for me to really participate.

I work up on the North Shore, I actually live in the burbs, when the Army sent me here I didn't know where I was going to live so I just put the office down lol.. Plus I spend so much of my time there I might as well live there...

Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Winching

Yeah I'm not sure I be able to devote the time since every free minute I'm wrenching on my two pigs. If you ever need a hand with the rover let me know.

Cheers,

Rob

Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

lol don't bite off more than you can chew. I'm getting ready to swap a motor into the 110.

Where are you at in the area?

Quick Reply: TerraFirma TF009 any one using it?