Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They re-released it!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default They re-released it!!

As many of you know this video was removed from youtube because of copy right stuff and what nots, but they re-released it and I am happy.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ8jOmolSac

Old 03-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top Gear FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 02:45 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

70% of LRs made still going but according to consumer reports they're unreliable. I think someone has their facts wrong or at least skewed.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AK Rover
70% of LRs made still going but according to consumer reports they're unreliable. I think someone has their facts wrong or at least skewed.
The thing about Consumer Reports though, and I have taken one of their "questionnaires" before is that they dont ask about things like how well you can tow a boat, or how deep into the woods you can go.
They ask about the seats, do you like the fabric, how well do you think it will hold up?
Is it noisy at highway speeds, are there any rattles, how did the dealer treat you, do you go to them for service, stupid things like that.
And all they care about is the first 3 years of ownership as most Americans only keep their car or truck for 3-4 years, thats why leasing was so big a few years ago, you get a new car every 2 years, sweet, no repairs need to be made by me and I dont have to change the oil because I dont care, I wont own it in 3 years.
Anybody who says that LR's are unreliable have never been farther than the mall parking lot.
I would hop in my Disco right now and drive it to Alaska and not even think twice before I left.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Team Owner
Old 03-30-2009, 10:35 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I have heard a few people comment on the stupid stuff that lowers a reliability rating. Most of what I have heard of falls into customer satisfaction more so than reliability. What does the fabric on the seats have to do with reliability?

Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

phil ya jerk,,,

i posted that months ago!!!!

but as it stands, my parents now want a LR and my best friend who hates the idea of SUV's has said after riding in my disco that its the only suv he would buy if given the choice and had to pick one. that or a Cayenne turbo

Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome vid

Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I would like to know what the facts are behind that statistic. I keep hearing it ...as more L/R's are produced, you'd think the numbers would have to fluctuate.

The thing is: Land Rovers are kind of Cult-type vehicles and often people will keep rebuilding them. Also, they sold many L/R's in developing countries, and what you find there is that with labor being ultra-cheap, owners will typically keep a vehicle on the road almost indefinitely. There always seems to be someone willing to strip it down and rebuild it unless it's completely demolished. Some of the craftsmanship in these countries is amazing. I've seen guys in the Mid-east and also S America completely strip vehicles, like even plain-jane Fiat cars ...right down to the bone and re-do every nut and bolt until it's like new. I actually appreciate that kind of sweat equity. I think you see the same thing with Land Rovers.

Mark G

Quick Reply: They re-released it!!