Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three amigos after car wash

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 03:58 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three amigos after car wash

I drove about 40 miles tonight then had a car wash (one that does the wheels) and the three amigos appeared on my dash- never had them before and as far as I'm aware the car hasn't had them in the past.
Could it just be that the wash loosened the sensor cables?

Old 06-19-2020, 04:20 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 852 Likes on 620 Posts

It's unlikely, maybe impossible, that the car wash loosened the sensor cables. I think it's also unlikely that water got in the wheel speed sensor connectors given how well they are sealed. They are designed to be exposed to water and more in the course of normal operation being, in the case of the rear connectors, exposed to the elements mounted behind the rear wheels.

There are something like 14 different fault conditions that can trigger the Three Amigos. You need a diagnostic code reader to find out where the problem lies. You don't say where you are located, but it's possible a forum member living near you can help you out. If not, there are decent code readers now available for a little over $100 that can do the job.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

Do you try driving through the car wash backwards?

Old 06-19-2020, 06:07 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
It's unlikely, maybe impossible, that the car wash loosened the sensor cables. I think it's also unlikely that water got in the wheel speed sensor connectors given how well they are sealed. They are designed to be exposed to water and more in the course of normal operation being, in the case of the rear connectors, exposed to the elements mounted behind the rear wheels.

There are something like 14 different fault conditions that can trigger the Three Amigos. You need a diagnostic code reader to find out where the problem lies. You don't say where you are located, but it's possible a forum member living near you can help you out. If not, there are decent code readers now available for a little over $100 that can do the job.
Ah right, thanks for the info. Just a weird coincidence then that it happened while in the car wash. I might just take the plunge and buy a code reader, have been thinking about it for a while anyway.

​​​​