Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to say so long to my 04

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 01:24 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,276 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Without pictures...8.5/9K.
With pictures...2/2.5K

That rear frame is certainly structurally unsound...to say the least. One good rear impact and she's like a tin can. To sell a vehicle like that is almost criminal, unless complete disclosed (which you did). The rear section needs replaced, not impossible, but difficult for most average joes. I've repaired three of our four Dll's at cats, dropped y-pipe and plated frame. Noticed the last one is getting "iffy", but it has to wait for now and isn't that bad. Rust...the battle is real up here.

Considering the newer engine, low miles...it's probably worth the work, frame wise. Face it...these Dll's are getting few and far between. Heck, the guy that l bought our white 04 from, 3 years ago, called the other day and asked if l'd sell it back to him. He'd bought it new for his wife and she wanted it back. Mine you, when l went to look at it, with head gaskets blown, there were three newer range rovers, two brand new pickup trucks and some fancy sedans sitting in the drive or the five car garage. The wife wanted it...and l'm sure l could have named a price...

But...it's still here...lol.

Oh...and two days after the phone call from previous owner, and deciding not to sell...the three amigos came on. Rat basta*d thing anyway...lol. No, just an option B repair and she will be all good again.