Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Title loan has me by the balls and now I may have to sell the Disco

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014 | 10:13 PM
|
TReK
Exclamation Title loan has me by the ***** and now I may have to sell the Disco

Title says it all, needed extra cash a month ago for a move across the state so I took out a $2000 title loan. Have not been able to pay it off in the month time so I've been renewing it. Problem is that the interest is so high and grows each month and it will take me several months to pay it off. Looking for second job to help cover the expense but ultimately I think I may have to sell the Disco for wicked cheap so I can pay off the loan and get myself a cheap *** rover to suffice..... I had considered seling it a couple times in the past only when I found other D2's with rebuilt engines but after I upgraded my brakes and installed the 180 thermostat I was happy with my truck again. Sigh

If anyone here is interested in a well cared for (be it not perfect) 2004 D2 with black leather interior and many many new parts then check out the for sale section of this forum.

Old 05-03-2014 | 11:29 PM
Pro Wrench

Does it have ACE?

Old 05-04-2014 | 12:05 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Title says it all, needed extra cash a month ago for a move across the state so I took out a $2000 title loan. Have not been able to pay it off in the month time so I've been renewing it. Problem is that the interest is so high and grows each month and it will take me several months to pay it off. Looking for second job to help cover the expense but ultimately I think I may have to sell the Disco for wicked cheap so I can pay off the loan and get myself a cheap *** rover to suffice..... I had considered seling it a couple times in the past only when I found other D2's with rebuilt engines but after I upgraded my brakes and installed the 180 thermostat I was happy with my truck again. Sigh

If anyone here is interested in a well cared for (be it not perfect) 2004 D2 with black leather interior and many many new parts then check out the for sale section of this forum.
Where ?

Old 05-04-2014 | 07:54 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Seamus
Where ?
Classifieds.

Old 05-04-2014 | 08:17 AM
Winching

Those title loan places are crooks. Some of them charge 120% interest. I'm in the wrong business!
BTW I saw your ad and I like your upgrade to the suspension. Hope the sale/trade works out for you.

Old 05-04-2014 | 09:29 AM
|
TReK

Unfortunately my truck does NOT have ACE. I just relocated to the Portsmouth/Somersworth are of southern NH, willing to travel. And yes I just made a $660 renewal payment only to learn that $360 of it went towards interest and apparently interest grows with each month. Crooks they are but its my fault for not having a better understanding of what i was getting myself into.

Old 05-04-2014 | 10:31 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by coors
Does it have ACE?
Hahah not sure if serious.

But Triar if you do indeed sell the Disco just stay away from Rovers for a while. You are in a pinch right now and Land Rover isn't right kind of vehicle for that situation. Get yourself something cheap and reliable till you have some dough to spend. You don't have to have a Rover. Frankly I'm considering selling mine soon as well.

Old 05-04-2014 | 11:39 AM
|
TReK

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
Hahah not sure if serious.

But Triar if you do indeed sell the Disco just stay away from Rovers for a while. You are in a pinch right now and Land Rover isn't right kind of vehicle for that situation. Get yourself something cheap and reliable till you have some dough to spend. You don't have to have a Rover. Frankly I'm considering selling mine soon as well.

Sorry man but I like Rovers to much to quit now. I care about the vehicle that I drive and honestly owning one of these makes me a very happy guy! Its a hobby for me and turning away from them all together would only dampen the situation so much more.

Old 05-04-2014 | 12:20 PM
acg
Pro Wrench

Triar,

I suggest you cut your losses now and get a more reliable (non-Rover) vehicle. Based on what I read, you have a major longer-term financial issue to fix when you are saying that you cannot even pay off a $2,000 loan. Getting another "cheap ***" Rover could dig yourself deeper in the hole even if you were able to sell the current Rover and use the funds to pay off the loan.

I suggest getting a cheap and reliable car for a few years and save up until the time when you have savings to cover the purchase of a Rover as well as funds for emergencies such as unexpected living expenses or Rover expenses.

I hope you will understand that I am not trying to sound judgmental or critical. I was able to have fulfill my passion for hobby cars (VWs, Porsches, Rovers) due to some forward planning to ensure saved funds are available for the unexpected life and hobby expenses that come with having such older vehicles which are prone repairs.

I recognize your passion for Rovers. I love reading your posts and ideas for fixing or modifying the beloved Discovery. I advise staying within your financial ability in order to take care of yourself first. It will probably suck hearing this from me. I made financial mistakes in my youth and have come to learn that discipline is the delaying of gratification. It will be more gratifying when you have enough saved funds to get a truly reliable Disco in the future, including saved funds for making improvements or unexpected repairs on the new vehicle.

Last edited by acg; 05-04-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2014 | 12:23 PM
Winching

A Land Rover is almost a necessity in NH... especially after this last winter!

Quick Reply: Title loan has me by the balls and now I may have to sell the Disco