Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Title loan has me by the balls and now I may have to sell the Disco

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 11:56 AM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
even in the last election I think it was 3 out of 10 under the age of 29 voted. but they all complain about student loans, not being able to buy a home, but the cant come out and put an x in a box.
I think we need to completely revamp the way we cast votes in this country. We like to talk about how, in the last couple of years since the removal of the voting rights act that certain states are making it more and more difficult to vote. How about one day in the middle of the week for roughly 12 hours we have to get out and vote, unless we had the foresight to fill out an absentee ballot. It's absurd.

Let's change the method for voting. Give people the opportunity to vote by computer or device. Make election days the holidays they were supposed to be were people don't have to fit the right to vote between working for a living. How about a week long period of voting, that's the way it is in the largest democracy in the world, India.

We fight over ID's and photos and all the rest, meanwhile, 40% of the population stays home even in a presidential election. We should be ashamed. We should be doing everything possible to motivate people to vote. If we had a 90% turnout you'd see a dramatic change.

The way things are now, why in the world should a politician, interested in election, give the average citizen the time of day? We have been marginalized by Citizens United and McCutcheon to the point where our voice carries absolutely no weight. We don't have money and we don't vote so why should we matter. Sadly, the vast majority of Americans shrug their should, utter Meh! and go back to sleep. It does not bode well for democracy.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with you. Its pathetic.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

in most countries election day is a holiday, the US is one of the few that it is not.
my only fear with electronic ballets is someone will find a way to fix them, like there already not.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Title Loans are by far the worst possible way to borrow money....almost 98% get screwed by these types of loans. Hopefully you can recover by getting the loan paid off quickly with your multi job situation - then tell them to go F#@& themselves.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:20 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by drowssap
in most countries election day is a holiday, the US is one of the few that it is not.
my only fear with electronic ballets is someone will find a way to fix them, like there already not.
They're "fixed" enough through the arcane method of gerrymandering.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:41 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

I agree with the many comments mentioned above. Last I heard Payday advance places were most all closed in NH but these title loan places are still busting all over the state. Lesson well learned on my end. I mainly needed the extra cash because my former job cut all its temp employees from all shifts and consequently I had to find a new job. Ended up finding a job 2 hours away in Portsmouth but I needed some money for the move and down payment for a new apartment with my girl. At the same time my rear drivers side caliper seized so I needed to get some brake work done so I took out a $2,000 title loan figuring it would not be hard to pay back and once I got settled id just pay it off in no time flat. I admit I did not read all 10-15 pages of the fine print, it was intimidating and I just wanted the money. Not to savy with numbers either. Shortly after I realized that I could not pay the princeable plus intereste back in the 30 day contract so I had to renewl the loan a coupel times and each time I paid roughly $600 and only $200 of it went towards the principle.

Great news is that the title loan is paid in full as of 06/11/2014 thanks to my employer. Ive been working my *** off and more so at work, taking any overtime they permit for a total of 58 hours per week. Finally decided to talk to my employer about the situation and she told me to bring in the paperwork and they would take care of it for me. She gave me the check today and I went straight over to the title loan place and paid it off. Title will be mailed to me within 30 days.... the deal is that $150 will be automatically deducted from each pay period which is bi-weekly so I can do that, and shes not gonna charge interest. She said they really like my work ethic so they are going to invest in me and go out on a limb. Im most thankful and a big strain off my shoulders.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow, your boss is very cool.

Congrats on keeping your truck, and... don't take out any more title loans.

Paul Grant - I agree with every word you have said. and it's been refreshing to read.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:47 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. Don't hear that kind of employer nowadays.....but I'm glad that they are still out there.
Glad that it worked out for you.

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
Title Loans are by far the worst possible way to borrow money....almost 98% get screwed by these types of loans. Hopefully you can recover by getting the loan paid off quickly with your multi job situation - then tell them to go F#@& themselves.
On a side note, a few years back, I wanted to actually buy an S8 in the middle of a lease.
I loved the car so much, but the bank wanted to charge me an extra $1700 beyond what
the balance was because they said I was terminating the lease early. That wasn't in the print in the back of the contract under purchasing. After numerous phone calls, the bank didn't back down.
Finally, I swapped it by leasing a Range Rover Sport HSE. Got out of that lease AND ended up
with a RR plus a $ 2000 credit buy swapping in that S8.

The bank .... US Bank. My policy now. I don't deal with US Bank. I will choose a different bank if available or pay cash first before I deal with US Bank.

Last edited by EVN137; 06-12-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice of your boss to relieve the pressure of paying back the loan. I'm certain she in turn has won more loyalty from you and perhaps even a harder work ethic. Put her name on your Christmas card mailing list. Heck, if your girl doesn't mind, take your boss wheelin' in the disco!

Glad that it seems to be working all in your favor.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

glad to hear you're out from under that loan. you've got one helluva boss there. make good on that, every day.

Quick Reply: Title loan has me by the balls and now I may have to sell the Disco