Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What should I replace?
Mass Air Flow Sensor
0%
First Two Oxygen Sensors
0%
CoilPack W/new plug wires while I'm at it.
0%
Something else?
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Too many codes to decide

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 04:09 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately I only have an OBD II code reader which does not give me the read out you speak of. at least I'm not aware of it if it does. The instructions say to not start the car, only read with ignition on. The local NAPA store has a code reader that is more than mine but they only read with the ignition on but not running engine. I'm glad to hear only bank 1 is reading faulty but not sure what to do now.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if the connections are good, and the wiring to the main harness arent fraid, and a last quick check behind the kickpanel shows the same on the ecu end, and there are no blown fuses/relays id go ahead and replace 1 of the o2's and see if those codes go away (or if you have the money, just replace both). its not hard, you jsut need a good amount of pb blaster or similiar and some torque with an open end wrench of a good legnth, or you can go buy a dedicated removal wrench that slips over the wire, and perhaps conenct a breakerbar to it. some come out easy, some require so far as to breaking out a torch and heating it up to come out! depends on how long theyve been in there

Old 11-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ps. just reading through some of the older posts... plllease dont drive for that long if you have obvious symptoms like that! if you have a missfire or are running lean or rich for an extended period, you can do serious damage. missfires dump unburnt right into the exhust where it chars over o2's and destroys the cats while running lean runs HOT and can casue excessive wear to the piston rings, destroy headgaskets and in extended cases warp or crack aluminum heads/blocks etc.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:07 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch, Hope I didn't damage anything. Wasn't aware of the codes until very recently due to many things mostly financial. Thought it was a transmission problem.
Very likely will replace both as consumables, I have a box end wrench set with a slight opening for just such items. Will check the other things you suggested as well. Will be purchasing next week when the $ comes in.
Thanks again for the help to all.