Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Rod kit - universally out of stock?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Unhappy Track Rod kit - universally out of stock?

I've been inquiring about this TerraFirma track rod kit for about a month now and it seems nobody has them in stock or any track rod kits for that matter. Been talking with Justin over at Lucky 8 about the possibility of putting some kind of alternative kit together for me but no promises. RoversNorth wont have the kit in for "months". DAP Enterprise doesnt have any kits and Atlantic British only has 1 tie rod end. My Disco desperatly needs both track rods/tie rod ends and I'm running out of options. Ill call Justin again tomorrow but if he cant find anything, might anyone on the forum know of another quality track rod kit available for our Disco's? And is there any known reason why all these companies dp not keep these kits in stock? Maybe track rod kits dont wear out to often in most cases?

The kit in question:
Lucky8 Llc. - Take the road less traveled...

PS: Forgot who quoted it today but one representative made this statement about TerraFirma: "TerraFirma is a little to good for their own good, they are unable to keep up with the demand for their own products..."

Old 04-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Save your money, you dont need it.
You said yourself you will never take your truck off road, you only need that kit if you plan on serious offroading with oversized tires and you plan on bouncing your truck off of boulders.
For driving like a normal person, waste of money.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:09 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spike555
Save your money, you dont need it.
You said yourself you will never take your truck off road, you only need that kit if you plan on serious offroading with oversized tires and you plan on bouncing your truck off of boulders.
For driving like a normal person, waste of money.
Spike my track rods are bad and need to be replaced as it is and this kit is actually cheaper than the genuine replacement. I have enough cash to order the part. Yes the TerraFirma kit is heavy duty but Lucky 8 sells a even stronger track rod kit made from stainless steel. Justin said that kit is really expensive. So I think I can manage with this TerraFirma kit and honestly I cant very well operate my Disco if the track rods completely give out....

Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 PM
TReK

oh and I have every intention of bringing my Disco off-road.... eventually. Right now I just have other more important priorities to attend and I'd like to complete Disco Mikes service list and add some mods before ever I take her off the pavement. But considering shes my daily driver, I wont be doing any extensive modding or off-roading (no rock crawling, no death jumps etc).

Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

DA5509 Disco II HD Steering Rods W/Tie Rod Ends

Not sure they have them in stock either, but here is another possible source.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:25 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Rover_Hokie
DA5509 Disco II HD Steering Rods W/Tie Rod Ends

Not sure they have them in stock either, but here is another possible source.
Never even heard of British Outfitters before Ill wait to hear back from Justin at Lucky 8 then Ill give these guys a call. Hopefully somebody has one in stock - certainly prefer a HD kit vs genuine. Thanks for the link.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are good people to work with. It took me a while to find them, but they were the only ones who carry the bumper I wanted in this country. Lovely folks.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

I ordered the TF steering bars almost a month ago, still waiting to get them on the truck. Luckily, I chose a great vendor who provides me w/ periodic updates. Class act.

In the meantime, I pray every time I go a over a bump in the road. Sounds and feels like the front wheels are gonna break loose Please hurry TF, I need you.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

You have bad steering components that endanger you and everyone on the road around you, but you won't fix them because you can't find the perfect parts? Brilliant.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Quick Reply: Track Rod kit - universally out of stock?