Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transfer case front prop only

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2rovers
fivespddisco, he is asking $300 for his front prop. He has an ebay account or you can pay him directly through paypal. I just ordered one from him today. I will post back up here when I receive it to let everyone know how it went.

It goes wonderful, & for payment its a PayPal account for quick easy & secured payment!!! We also send you the 8 new ny-lock nuts that hold the prop shaft in place " nobody else does this" so that you don't have to go search for them at the hardware store! You can search the prop shaft/ drive shaft threads to see the hundreds of reviews! many people have one and are completely satisfied with it! We appreciate all of you and wish you a safe HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Justin if your interested in something shoot me a pm & we can talk!

Last edited by lr2001silver; 12-31-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone following up here. It is July 30th as I write this. I just got my rover out of the shop. It was making an awful squeeking and grinding noise that I could not locate. I thought it was my upper pinion bearing. I did that job on my range rover a few years ago and didn't want to do it again on the disco so I took it in instead of doing it myself. Turns out it was the brand new Proshaft llc prop that I installed in January of this year. While every joint was greased. They failed to grease the cardon joint ball. My mechanic told me that the needle bearings were dry and burned up which then destroyed the inside of it. I couldn't find the problem because I ASSUMED it could NOT BE the BRAND NEW drive shaft. Granted, I did no wrenching, just tried to locate it by hearing. That is **** poor in my opinion that something like that was overlooked. The bill from the mechanic was just shy of $500. I am not happy. A professional whose only product is a drive shaft should never have overlooked something so basic as grease.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

I'm reading it. Thanks for the follow-up.