Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to unbolt Driveplate from Torque Converter

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully Con Rods are ok but they could be shot. I just rebuilt a Jeep 4.7 motor with bad rod bearings and had to replace 2 rods. I just hope crank can be ground. British Atlantic shows oversized bearings 2 sizes, I just hope damage isn't too bad and I don't have to get a new crank. If that's the case I will just try to find a short block assembly from a salvage yard.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

roverlandparts.com has them for $300 I think. If you don't have another source for them. Also, con-rods are $75 I think through them, not sure of shipping costs though.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Mudding

Wow that's not too bad at all. Thanks man I didn't realize there was a place that had reasonable prices for them

Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

When you complete your work, the new power will overwhelm the equally old and worn props shafts

Old 08-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Mudding

I plan to check out the U joints and rebuild the front shaft as it doesn't look like its been done yet. The rotoflex rear joint doesn't look too worn but I'll keep an eye on it, and eventually convert it to U joint as well

Old 08-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
When you complete your work, the new power will overwhelm the equally old and worn props shafts
...but the new power will not overwhelm you (unless you are used to driving 180HP 4k+Lb vehicles)

sidenote: Today I picked up my last paycheck from the auto repair shop I used to work at and noticed they had an 03 Disco in the lot. Even though I despise the owner and bear nothing but ill will towards him, I told him about the recommendation to rebuild the front shaft, and reasons why, just to prevent another Disco calamity.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle

sidenote: Today I picked up my last paycheck from the auto repair shop I used to work at and noticed they had an 03 Disco in the lot. Even though I despise the owner and bear nothing but ill will towards him, I told him about the recommendation to rebuild the front shaft, and reasons why, just to prevent another Disco calamity.[/QUOTE]

You're a good man!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ruffram
Wow that's not too bad at all. Thanks man I didn't realize there was a place that had reasonable prices for them
That's used prices, just to be clear. All their parts are used unless otherwise noted. I have ordered stuff from them though and they are pretty good. They wont sell anything that's got any serious wear or anything like that. I think they will give you a credit if you end up sending anything back but, you have to send it back within 30 days or they will not refund you even in credit. Just a heads up. Make sure you NEED what you order.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Mudding

That sounds fine with me. Used parts in good shape don't bother me a bit, these trucks are so rare its hard to find reasonable price especially from a place that checks them out and stands behind what they sell.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by disc oh no
roverlandparts.com has them for $300 I think. If you don't have another source for them. Also, con-rods are $75 I think through them, not sure of shipping costs though.
I haven't had much luck any time I called Roverland for a part I needed. When I rebuilt my 4.6 two months back I
bought just about every internal engine part from Turner
Engineering in the UK including
a block for much less then I
could have purchase it for in the US. I had my crank turned .10
under to go with the first size of oversized bearings.

Quick Reply: Trying to unbolt Driveplate from Torque Converter