Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Minor 2001 Disco II interior issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Two Minor 2001 Disco II interior issues

Hey folks it's been awhile which is a good sign because it means that the wife's Disco has been doing well. The last two major issues were the timing cover coolant leak and then I did a coil pack with new wires...

Anyhow, here are my two minor issues.
#1-The passenger side seat control buttons popped off some how and I'm not sure if I need to be English or have some magic like Harry Potter (he is english...so maybe both are required) to get these buttons back on. I just don't understand it.

#2-It's rare that I drive the wife's rig but whenever I do, she's putting down the sunvisor to put on makeup or something and the darn light in that visor is no longer working...please advise. I'm anticipating having to buy a new visor or a set of visors in that case.

thanks all.

-u

Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

the buttons should pop straight on. make sure you are not trying to put them on upside down, they won't go on upside down. not sure about the light although im sure RAVE specifies.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the response...I'll give it a shot.

I should have said 3 minor issues
because I just remembered that the drivers-side window is doing this spooky thing where...it's almost like there is a sensor that detects when the window is all the way down that has failed or needs to be adjusted...When you put the window down, instead of it stopping when it reaches the bottom, it starts tweaking out when the window is inside of the door. It scared me a few times like it wasn't going to come back up, but if you don't push the window all the way down it doesn't do it...and if you push it down but then reverse direction on the button to manually stop it, it's good to go.

any insights on this?