Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two wierd issues after headliner job....coincidence?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two wierd issues after headliner job....coincidence?

Ok, I know this sounds weird, but I got one my other Disco (2000) back the other day after an upholstery shop did a headliner job, and my stock radio won't turn on, and my climate control console will not hold it's memory. I turn it to high heat, and then when I get back in the truck after turning it off, it's back to the coldest setting. I've never had an issue with the radio or the climate control before, but can't imagine anything regarding a headliner replacement would relate to either issue. Fuses are fine for both - any opinions on this one?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ssblast20
Ok, I know this sounds weird, but I got one my other Disco (2000) back the other day after an upholstery shop did a headliner job, and my stock radio won't turn on, and my climate control console will not hold it's memory. I turn it to high heat, and then when I get back in the truck after turning it off, it's back to the coldest setting. I've never had an issue with the radio or the climate control before, but can't imagine anything regarding a headliner replacement would relate to either issue. Fuses are fine for both - any opinions on this one?
Actually I DO believe your problems are related to the headliner job...not so much the headliner, but when they re-installed the large plastic map holder piece that has the upper center console with dome light and switches.

I recently had the same issues after re-installing this piece, not exactly sure what the problem was, but I noticed that all the wires and connections weren't properly in place and that I had kind of forced them up in the roof when re-installing this part.

I dropped it back down, fitted the switches and wires in their places as well as the home link and everything else in place and then buttoned it up and no more re-set upon start ups with the A/C and the radio stays where you left it too.

Hope this helps.

FYI - there is a nice little write-up about how to remove this piece in a thread if you search "headliner", I think it may even be a sticky. It's really easy.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Brandon....much appreciated. I'll take it down and go thru the wiring and make sure all is in place.