Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U Talked Sum Sense N2 Me! Tested Today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U Talked Sum Sense N2 Me! Tested Today!

Well, I finally got my disco today. It drives nice and lots of power.Took it out and tested it, and it is capable but defanatly needs a lift. This is why I finally bought a LR, for a step up in luxury, comfort, and still maintain off road capability. A moderate liftwill be fine. It is longer andheavyer butI'll get used to it. The transfer case picks up the slack for the high gears in the axles but some lower ones would be nice, gives you that extra grunt!I felt myself having tobe way more carefullbecase ofallof the body and roof that is out there!!! So, I had to wash it. I knowI have alot of work to do for its 75k service and will need your experts advice.Now, It is the S not the SE and it does not have SLS or ACE. I know sls dosn't matter because a lift would of eliminated that, but what about the ACE. Is it good to have or does it matter, since I'm going to lift it. I guess I got the lowest package they had. The CDL + TC work great. I guess thats what matters. I'm just wondering if the ace works with a lift or am I better off that it doesnt have either the SLS and ACE, less to go rong? Right? Theres a small oil and tranny leak. It needs a surpinteen belt pretty bad, " I can't spell that word"! Its cracked. Ive changed a few but never on a disco and it looks pretty complicated, can you do it or take it to someone? I have alot of ?'s so I'll ask them in other pots.It has the 16 inch wheels too, so I can keep those when I buy bigger tires. and dont have to worry about those 18 inchers. It has a cracked tail light and fog light plus a crack on the plastic of the bumper, so he gave me $400 back. Its a 2004 Disco 2 S, with 76K miles on it. Black with tan leather. Total price $7,600. Good deal?Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/11496/13EABFBB509A471980B4311A7C4F4805.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: U Talked Sum Sense N2 Me! Tested Today!

Not a bad deal. What do you plan to do with it.
Yell when you get ready for some maintance tips, lift advice and other stuff.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Looks like a solid purchase, man. Welcome to the club

Old 09-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Winching

That is a Great deal, wow. Nice RRS sport intake vent! ^^ I like those wheels too.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Hate to say it, but...told you so.
The ACE is to help with body roll in hard corners. I dont know if you can add it or not, I wouldnt. I think it would be more hassle than it is worth.
As for the serp (I cant spell either) belt... http://www.roverparts.com/TechTips/s...routing_D2.cfm
www.atlanticbritish.com has tech tips as well as everything yoiu could ever want or need for your Disco.
And just a FYI, the only steel body panels on your truck are the roof and door skins, the rest is aluminum.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks guys! So if I had the ACE and I lifted it, the ACE would stay on? Just wondering if I missed out, buying one without the ACE? I know I didnt miss out on the SLS since it would of been taken off when I lift it anyway.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Here's the procedure for changing out the serpentine belt, and I don't think you're missing out not having the ACE. I have an S model as well, but the PO added the front sunroof so it's a little more than the S model now. Just run through DiscoMike's 60k service (you can search for it here) and you should be all set. Now, the first thing you'll want to do is take off those running boards and sell them before they get ripped off the truck on the first trail you take it on. There was some talk on here a while back about installing the RRS vents, but that is the first Disco I've seen with it done. There used to be side turn signals there originally. If you have the extra money now buy an RTE rear bumper and take the plastic one off and sell it before it gets trashed on the trail. If I had do to it over again that's what I would do to mine. There's a good chance those little corner caps that sit above the bumper will pop off when the rear goes crunch.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

If you have ACE, you are ahead, it will handle better and take a good 3" lift in stride.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Rock Crawling

DoesACE turn off when you are offroading so its like the swaybars are disconnected?

Willie

Old 09-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Rave states:
The ACE system can also detect if the vehicle is driven off-road. If off-road conditions are detected the ACE system
operation will be reduced or completely disabled at a speed of 25 mph (40 km/h) or less.

Quick Reply: U Talked Sum Sense N2 Me! Tested Today!