Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Disco prices vary with prices at the pump
20.00%
Disco prices vary with the seasons
10.00%
Discos are too expensive for me, but I like to hang out here
0%
Discos are too expensive for me, but I drive one anyway
70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Used Disco prices vary with cost of gas?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Disco prices vary with cost of gas?!?

Is it just me, or does it seem that the price of older Discos varies with the cost of gas?

I was shopping for one back when gas was well over $3, and saw many pre-97s under $3K locally (Colorado). Started looking seriously again a couple of months ago when premium gas was selling for $2.30 or so and rarely saw any under $4K.

Just the past week or so with premium back over $2.70 I'm seeing several used Discos for under $3K again. This is an attempt at humor, but I still welcome feedback!

Old 03-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Used Disco prices vary with cost of gas?!?

Although the price of gas definitely has an impact on the market value of poor-mileage vehicles, unless the potential buyer has done their homework, I think the Disco flies under the radar of the big gas guzzling monster SUV's.......not because it deserves to, but because I don't think a lot of people are aware of how bad the mileage really is on these trucks. Hence, the new-owner posts on all of these forums asking "what's wrong with my truck....I'm getting 14 mpg?".

Depending on the region of the country, I think the seasons have more to do with the prices. In the Northeast, 4 x 4 and SUV prices tend to spike in the Fall anddrop off the further you get through the winter. People get 4 x 4 crazy just before the winter hits. Once they're in the middle of winter, and realize that they're making due without a 4 x 4 or their dream SUV, the sense of urgency seems to fade......and people simply don't like looking at cars in the winter.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Overlanding
Default RE: Used Disco prices vary with cost of gas?!?

I think gas prices have A LOT to do with Rover prices. Bought mine from a used car lot in Santa Monica CA, July of last year.Car shopsare usually higher priced than private sellers, but this place sold me a 2000 LR Disco II for nearly $4000 UNDER blue book!!! I am guessing he couldn't get rid of this truck because it was summer and gas prices were well over $3.30. We knew we wanted one, and the price was great. Gas price was pretty irrelavant to us and we got a great deal.