Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve cover gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 08:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixpack577
No problem...and your picture shows the valve cover gasket problem I'm talking about, so It's a win, lol
Did you swap them around?

Old 06-11-2018, 06:09 AM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Fel Pro Rocker cover gaskets are a much better product than allmakes. Much easier install and better fitment.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:50 AM
TReK
Received 483 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
Did you swap them around?
Yes
all 3 sets

Old 06-11-2018, 06:50 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by CollieRover
Fel Pro Rocker cover gaskets are a much better product than allmakes. Much easier install and better fitment.
Did you use Fel-Pro?

Old 06-11-2018, 08:12 AM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

Did you use Fel-Pro?
I know you are asking CR this question, but I can tell you I've used Fel-Pro and Victor Reinz MANY times and they just work 1st time. I can't stand having to do a job twice because a cheap-a$$ part Made in China or India is sub par. There is a reason you can buy Allmakes, Britpart, Uro ($2.50e VC gasket on RA), etc parts cheap...THEY SUCK!

I would encourage you to stop by a local NAPA and just have a look at the Fel-Pro gaskets (NAPA #: FPG VS50789R) to compare the quality. Once you do I know approx. $35 for a set of proper gaskets will be quite worth it to you.

This makes me laugh, it looks like ALLMAKES left off #12 under "Our PR2 Selection Criteria"...
> Our PR2 Selection Criteria | Allmakes 4x4
Should be...

12. Was ALLMAKES able to buy the cheapest product from a company run buy 8yr old child labor?
1. If YES, then sell it to the SUCKERS!
2. There will be no other options.

Last edited by OverRover; 06-11-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:27 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by OverRover
I know you are asking CR this question, but I can tell you I've used Fel-Pro and Victor Reinz MANY times and they just work 1st time. I can't stand having to do a job twice because a cheap-a$$ part Made in China or India is sub par. There is a reason you can buy Allmakes, Britpart, Uro ($2.50e VC gasket on RA), etc parts cheap...THEY SUCK!

I would encourage you to stop by a local NAPA and just have a look at the Fel-Pro gaskets (NAPA #: FPG VS50789R) to compare the quality. Once you do I know approx. $35 for a set of proper gaskets will be quite worth it to you.

This makes me laugh, it looks like ALLMAKES left off #12 under "Our PR2 Selection Criteria"...
> Our PR2 Selection Criteria | Allmakes 4x4
Should be...

12. Was ALLMAKES able to buy the cheapest product from a company run buy 8yr old child labor?
1. If YES, then sell it to the SUCKERS!
2. There will be no other options.

I agree, and have used Fel-Pro gaskets many times over the years.
I have gotten several quality AllMakes parts, just not these gaskets.
I was asking who has used what that works, because you can't depend on a quality part just because of a good company name anymore.
And I wasn't about to pay $40+ for Fel-Pro, or anything else, until I heard someone say specifically that they had used X brand, and that they were good.
I can cut the AllMakes set, and I use Ultra Black rtv anyway.
I try not to overspend on parts, but I don't cut corners either.
Thanks

Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Did you use Fel-Pro?
For the Rocker covers and upper intake. I’d buy there kit next time. Cheap is good, but you get what you pay for, and I am sure the allmakes and Britpart stuff works, but the fitment is a pain in the ***. I mean, the Britpart upper intake gaskets are metal and you have to pound them in with a socket. That makes no sense to me. The fel-pros are gasket material and just go on. Why eff with difficult fitment if you don’t have to? I accodentally got the Britpart TB heater gasket kit, and yes fitment sucked. The bolts didn’t go through the gasket cleanly.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:59 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Man...I'm glad I never run into problems like others are having. I feel for you guys.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:59 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by CollieRover

For the Rocker covers and upper intake. I’d buy there kit next time. Cheap is good, but you get what you pay for, and I am sure the allmakes and Britpart stuff works, but the fitment is a pain in the ***. I mean, the Britpart upper intake gaskets are metal and you have to pound them in with a socket. That makes no sense to me. The fel-pros are gasket material and just go on. Why eff with difficult fitment if you don’t have to? I accodentally got the Britpart TB heater gasket kit, and yes fitment sucked. The bolts didn’t go through the gasket cleanly.

I agree, I ran into the stupid metal UI gasket last time, it is junk.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:04 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
Man...I'm glad I never run into problems like others are having. I feel for you guys.
Lol, murphy's law.
I'm going to cut the holes in the valve cover gaskets, move the inserts so they line up, fill the small gap with UB, and call it good.
At least that's the plan. I hate using junk, but as serious as UB is, and that I was using it on both sides of the gaskets anyways, I don't forsee any problems.
And if it doesn't work, 40 f'n dollars for 2 super simple valve cover gaskets.
Land Rover= every part is junk, and/or ridiculously over priced.

Quick Reply: Valve cover gasket?