Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration approaching 70 - Front shaft & Rear Rotoflex replaced

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 06:35 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Since we're telling tire stories.

Gal at work needed a brake job on her F150, l've been divorce for awhile, paying child support and living on crumbs, so side work means eating again...lol...shoot her a price and said I'd do it after work and it would be about an hour. Simple job, rotors and pads, in and out within a half hour...so, I become Mr. Nice Guy...and decide to rotate her tires.

Take the truck for a quick test drive...step on the brakes..and it about rips the wheel out of my hands pulling right. I'm like???...what the heck? So, I assume a caliper must have stuck while pushing the piston in (though they went in smoothly), so I run and get a caliper and install/bleed. Test drive, same result...nearly in the ditch. Starting to lose it now, so out of desperation...run and get another caliper for the opposite side (knowing full well this isn't going to help) and install/bleed. Same results. Now, it's been over a couple hours and l've ask her a couple times..."are you sure it wasn't pulling before"..."Nope".

Just about ready to put new rubber brake hoses on each side, believing one of them is coming a part inside restricting flow...when I stop and "think" for a minute...couldn't be because I rotated the tires? Rotate the tires back to their original position...bingo-bango...all fixed. Felt so bad about the extra time and cost I didn't charge her for the calipers...just told her she had to marry me someday. Which she did...so, all's well that ends well.

So, the moral of the story is...tires can be problematic...even when they look good...and getting the woman of your dreams...can cost as little as a pair of calipers.

Okay, story time is over...everyone off to bed!

Brian.
Nice one Brian, happy ending, BUT, never do favours as it'll end up costing ya one way or another