Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Visciuos wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visciuos wind noise

I have the most awfull wind noise on driver and passanger windows. At 70 MPH they are literally being sucked open, from up in the corners of the windows. Is there anyway to tighten up the window frame. You can definately move it alittle when door is open. When I go through a car wash I literally get freaking soaked, I have to pull on the door handles to make the seal. I've taken the door panel off and there really isnt anything there to fix this, a couple small screws that didnt show any signs of being loose. There is no slack in the doors ( up or down ). The doors have the same gap(s) at fenders and door jam.........

Im starting to wonder if all the noises I have been burdened with since the ownership of this Disco is sign that I need to part ways............lol

Old 05-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your window seals are shot, they can be replaced. You can also adjust the window guides.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Three Wheeling

The window seals? Are those the black hard plastic pieces on the outside of window, where the window roll down at?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Three Wheeling

And where do you make the adjustments at? Inside the door panel area?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Banned

No, the U shaped seal running inside the door frame in which the window slides up and down in.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Three Wheeling

Hmmm, so I need to take off the door panel to get to this door seal I assume? Do I need to take the window out of the track or does the seal just go right in after the new one is installed.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Three Wheeling

I looked on Atlantic British under " window seal " and nothing showed up for Disco II. Does it go by another name?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Three Wheeling

So I just called AB, and bascially the guy on the other end tells me that this doesnt happen to the front doors. Its only common on the back (2) doors and the cargo door because of the weight. So I guess Im the only 1 out of a million landrovers this is happening to. He suggest I stick something in the door to pry the door jam to make the seal. I suggested to "Sales man of the year", that I'm needing the gap to be closed not pryed open......

Old 05-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Window channel.
Look in rave if there are any instructions for adjusting the windows.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Three Wheeling

My window is not the part that is moving. It tight upside the frame. The window frame is what is being pulled away from the A-pillar. This frame is whats not making a good seal up against the truck body. Like I stated earlier, when you have the door open with the window roll up you can move the frame about a 1/16'' +or- either way. Their is no play in the window itself.

And I dont own a RAVE CD. Im not that die hard of a LR owner to need one I guess. I just pay someone to work on it for the stuff I cant fix. Im pretty mechanically savie.

Quick Reply: Visciuos wind noise