Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water of floor

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water of floor

I have a 02' discovery this is new to me, I have only had it about a month
last weekend my wife and I drove to Dallas (from Springfield, about 430 miles). We passed through many severe thunder/rain storms and we got to our destination we noticed that our passenger side floor board in front and on the second row seating was soaked. We thought it was just from the heavy rains we drove through for 4 hours. However, this happened again to us this morning as we turned a corner. My wife saw water come out of the vent from under the plastic on the center consul. Does anyone have an idea what the cause of this might be? If so can you let me know!! Thanks!

Old 04-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Drifting
Default RE: water of floor

Under your center console is a hole in which the controls for your trans go. There are rubber seals there. now, either your seals have shifted, or rotted, or are ripped. Or there was work performed in this area and were not replaced properly. In any case, a quick removal of the console would shed some light on the sitteeeeeeation. Careful now, there are air bag connections under there. If you bought any where but a private owner bring it to them and ASK for some help. If you go it alone ask us for help (if you need it). Good luck!! we hope it's nothing more serious. -Tom

Old 04-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle

the little grille between your windsheild and hood is the fresh air intake for your a/c and heating. i think it might be possible that so much rain got in there that it is flooded and now when you take a corner the inertia pulls it out. if i understand right the rear seat heater vents are under the front seats on ther floor. is that where it is leaking in the back? this is maybe a little of my A.S.E. certification for heating and A/C trying to come out. take a look at that

Old 04-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Overlanding

well, it might be leaking on the back, the first time we noticed it was when we got to Dallas, last weekend, most of the water was on the passanger front, and a spot the size of a softball in the back passanger back
today i was driving and i decided to put to air on high, just the lower vents,
water triped out of both sides, mabye because it wass on high and the force pushed it out (i guess)
also when i turn fast or hard it will trip out,
i am not sure how to tell if it is from the intake or not.
any suggestions!

Old 04-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle

call a couple A.C. service shops and ask them about my sugestions. if they say yes, take it to a A.C. service shop, and ask them to look in the box.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Winching

Jason,
These are classic signs of clogged A/C drain tubes. Look for them under the vehicle above the transmission.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Recovery Vehicle

true that

Old 05-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Overlanding

I had the same thing happen on my 2000 Disco. If you are comfortable getting under the car, you can fix it in 2 minutes with a wire coat hanger. Look for two black drain grommets on each side. Poke them with the coat hanger until they drain. Road grime can build up and cause a blockage.

Old 05-14-2005, 03:22 AM
Drifting

Check the drain tubes, it soaked our floor. I don't want to say how much we paid to get it fixed, coathanger.....dang.

Old 05-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Overlanding

I fixed the water drain problem today.
just a coat hanger and flashlight is all it took
i found the drains on both sides of the trans.
once i found then i could squeeze my hand in there once i touched it water started to pour out of it.
i then used the hanger it finish cleaning it out by sticking it up the drain a inch or so
took about two min. or so
thanks for the help everyone
hope this can help somene else.

Quick Reply: water of floor