Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leaking from blower motor area

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Water leaking from blower motor area

So i was in the carwash today, and when i got out, i noticed that my passenger floor-mat was wet. When i investigated further, it looks as if water was leaking from my blower motor area. Anyone ever had this happen before?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Mudding

Note: The a/c was not on. I haven't used it since....September?

Old 03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

auto wash w/ undercarrige wash? you have a hole in or around the firewall.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:19 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Disco C
auto wash w/ undercarrige wash? you have a hole in or around the firewall.
YES! I did get the undercarrige wash! There was salt baked under there from October....

Thanks for the info Disco C! I will check it out tomorrow morning

Old 03-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Three Wheeling

Make sure your wiper cowl at the base of the widshield on the passenger side is touching the windshield. If it's not the water runs right into the fresh air intake and comes out the blower motor. Also with the hotter weather coming make sure your a/c drains are not clogged. If you dont drive in any deep water then you can just remove the little rubber tip. I've seen a/c drains make a swimming pool out of the footwell areas. An under carrage wash wont get water in the truck. Unless you do have some kind of hole. But I doubt it.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by WARWAGON
Make sure your wiper cowl at the base of the widshield on the passenger side is touching the windshield. If it's not the water runs right into the fresh air intake and comes out the blower motor. Also with the hotter weather coming make sure your a/c drains are not clogged. If you dont drive in any deep water then you can just remove the little rubber tip. I've seen a/c drains make a swimming pool out of the footwell areas. An under carrage wash wont get water in the truck. Unless you do have some kind of hole. But I doubt it.
Thanks for the info Warwagon! I'll check the wiper cowl and make sure that my a/c lines are unplugged. I've got about 9-10k miles of road-trips planned for this summer, and i'm sure the a/c will be going the whole time lol. And now that you mention the wiper cowl, i had my windshield replaced about 2 weeks ago, so i'll definately be checking both

Old 03-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Three Wheeling

Ha not the lines. The drains. If you lay under the truck and look on both sides of the trans. approx above where the xyz switch is on the side of the trans. Right above that on the body is a little rubber tit, it's a pointy tit. Pull the end out. It has one on both sides. You can take it out or clean it out.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by WARWAGON
Ha not the lines. The drains. If you lay under the truck and look on both sides of the trans. approx above where the xyz switch is on the side of the trans. Right above that on the body is a little rubber tit, it's a pointy tit. Pull the end out. It has one on both sides. You can take it out or clean it out.
Hah woops! Typo on my end
Thanks for the info! It snowed on Saturday/Sunday so i've been reluctant to go outside. As soon as we get some warm weather i'm gunna check 'em out. My Disco has been sitting since the beginning of '07 until June of '09 so i'm sure there's gunna be some buildup in there.