Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is this?

What is this and what does it do? Land Rover Jaguar MOST Diagnostic Tester 415-005A OTC http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-Jaguar-MOST-Diagnostic-Tester-415-005A-OTC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43989QQihZ004QQitem Z140296440453QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWJust curious...

Old 01-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: What is this?

Haven't seen that one before. My concern is it doesn't tell you what it can test, such as the ABS,SLS,SRS.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

DO NOT BUY THAT!! IF YOU DO I WILL SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR WITH A 9" LEAD PIPE AND BEAT YOU WITH THE THREADED END UNTIL I FEEL BETTER.
If you enlarge the pic of the instruction book you will see that it is the same thing over and over, each paragraph is the same as the next.
If you look at the "tester" unit it has no display to tell you anything.
They claim it is a unit from a dealership, then why isint it dirty? EVERY shop I have ever been in, even Lexus and MB shops, even the shop computer is as dirty as a $2 hooker. And those shops are so clean that you could eat off the floor.
www.scangauge.com is what you want.
Even in the title of the listing it says "MOST", that is there loop hole to not be held liable for selling you crap.
you-"it does not work"
them-"well it works with MOST, so not yours, sorry, good by"

Old 01-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I may add, MOST is a standard communication protocol similar to OBD II.

MOST – Media Oriented Systems Transport – is the de-facto standard for multimedia and infotainment networking in the automotive industry. The technology was designed from the ground up to provide an efficient and cost-effective fabric to transmit audio, video, data and control information between any devices attached even to the harsh environment of an automobile

This device is made by OTC to diagnose DVD NAV and entertainment systems. It is useless on a DISCO.

FYI : http://www.mostcooperation.com/techn...ion/index.html

Old 01-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its not only useless on a disco, its NOT a land rover tool full stop, its listed here as a Jaguar tool that is part of the minimum service tool list a dealer should have.

http://www.spxtools-demoshop2.com/ho..._stds_2007.pdf

Old 01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I wasn't going to buy it (please don't hit me spike!) , I had just never heard of one of those before... I knew it wasn't the big computer they use at the shops and I knew it wasn't a regular code reader. Thanks for answering my question though!