Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What else do you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 10:13 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Not going to lie, I really like my Eddie Bower Expedition a lot. So I understand where you are coming from. I'd love a diesel Excursion
It is pretty great, especially that jet taking off sound when the turbo winds up. But it is a little loud.

Honestly, your expedition purchase (you needed something to haul your Disco, if memory serves) was my inspiration.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:59 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No pics in this phone really besides the x1 since it's a new phone but other than my d2, we have
07 335i (exhaust/intakes/mild e85 tune, 450hp)
08 135i (FBO and more aggressive tune, 500hp)
​​​​​13 x1 35i M-sport, stock for now, 10k miles Lemans blue/black ultimate package. Pure stage 2 turbo upgrade with port injection this spring, should be good for around 500hp

Awaiting water pump and thermostat still

Old 10-14-2016, 10:04 AM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

In the future when I get my 3 car garage I want to build up a "sleeper" power wagon. Probably a Volvo, but maybe Saab or Audi.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,544 Likes on 1,267 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
It is pretty great, especially that jet taking off sound when the turbo winds up. But it is a little loud.

Honestly, your expedition purchase (you needed something to haul your Disco, if memory serves) was my inspiration.
I wish I could find a Excursion for the same price I gave for the Expedition lol. Really jealous of the turbo diesel power.

It towed the 110 from Chicago to Augusta GA. The 5.4 did surprisingly good in the mountains. I managed a whopping 10.5 mpg doing 65 ish the whole way. (ok 65 when the engine could hold it, some of those mountains are steep ) Seriously though it did fantastic and took the abuse with a smile on it's face. I honestly figured it would get parked and only used as a back up or tow/family truckster for trips, but I find myself driving it every day. I keep eye balling Ford Lightening stock supercharger set ups on ebay..... Give it some real *****.

The sad part is the other day I was measuring the axles wondering if when the body rots out all the way on it if I could swap the entire drive train into the 110.... 4 wheel disc brakes, AOD trans, reliable motor with 260 hp and 345 ft lbs of torque. Even more with a super charger. Cheap easy to find parts.....

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-14-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,216 Likes on 868 Posts

From right to left...

My daily (three season) driver - 928, wife's daily - 08 Chevy Silerado 4X4, new progect and wife's daily - 03 Discovery and go nowhere - 928.

Brian.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CollieRover
In the future when I get my 3 car garage I want to build up a "sleeper" power wagon. Probably a Volvo, but maybe Saab or Audi.
I loved my Saab 9-5 wagon. To bad it had to go. My dad will hopefully get it sold off soon for me, I had to leave it behind at his place in the in Northwest Indiana

The following users liked this post:
CollieRover (10-16-2016)
Old 10-15-2016, 10:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I'll play, 2006 S60R. Never thought I'd be the Volvo kinda guy but once I drove a stock one, I couldn't stay away. This one has a full stage 3 Tune, runs 16lbs of boost in Comfort and Sport and 22lbs in Advanced. When it was tuned I got 408 to the wheels. I keep wanting to do something to the outside of the car to refresh it but I love the sleeper just a little too much.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I wish I could find a Excursion for the same price I gave for the Expedition lol. Really jealous of the turbo diesel power.

It towed the 110 from Chicago to Augusta GA. The 5.4 did surprisingly good in the mountains. I managed a whopping 10.5 mpg doing 65 ish the whole way. (ok 65 when the engine could hold it, some of those mountains are steep ) Seriously though it did fantastic and took the abuse with a smile on it's face. I honestly figured it would get parked and only used as a back up or tow/family truckster for trips, but I find myself driving it every day. I keep eye balling Ford Lightening stock supercharger set ups on ebay..... Give it some real *****.
I

The sad part is the other day I was measuring the axles wondering if when the body rots out all the way on it if I could swap the entire drive train into the 110.... 4 wheel disc brakes, AOD trans, reliable motor with 260 hp and 345 ft lbs of torque. Even more with a super charger. Cheap easy to find parts.....
I have a 5.4 Excursion too. Family beast vehicle. It never complains, has softball hail damage from West Texas (didnt bother to fix), if a coil goes bad it will tell you but will just keep going to the nearest auto parts store, and just gets the job done while drinking gas like a teenager with a fountain drink.

Imho the entire ford driveline from the engine to the trailer hitch would be an incredible and cheap addition to a 110. But the tires would probably stick out a wee bit. Hahah. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited by Charlie_V; 10-15-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
I have a 5.4 Excursion too. Family beast vehicle. It never complains, has softball hail damage from West Texas (didnt bother to fix), if a coil goes bad it will tell you but will just keep going to the nearest auto parts store, and just gets the job done while drinking gas like a teenager with a fountain drink.

Imho the entire ford driveline from the engine to the trailer hitch would be an incredible and cheap addition to a 110. But the tires would probably stick out a wee bit. Hahah. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Same experience for me with the 5.4. Great motor, mine limped along for 2 days on 2 dead coil packs drink gas like Sailor with booze on shore leave.

Did the measurements out of curiosity. Obviously the driveshafts would have to be shortened. Figuring out how to mount up the front suspension could be ugly, and it would gain 3" on each side in wheel width. So rim offset would be somewhat critical and a set of bigger flares would be good.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:37 AM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by thesoundguru
I'll play, 2006 S60R. Never thought I'd be the Volvo kinda guy but once I drove a stock one, I couldn't stay away. This one has a full stage 3 Tune, runs 16lbs of boost in Comfort and Sport and 22lbs in Advanced. When it was tuned I got 408 to the wheels. I keep wanting to do something to the outside of the car to refresh it but I love the sleeper just a little too much.
That's really cool. We drove a portion of the PCH in a rental Malibu, and I really wanted a touring vehicle with power and a sport suspension. I am thinking V70R, but at this point it's way off in the distance.

Quick Reply: What else do you drive?